• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk Smash Doomsday! DC Villain in Marvel comic ?

37 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Here is a good one, I was looking through a 90's Hulk comic this morning and I see the HULK taking out DOOMSDAY and thought well thats the guy who Killed Superman right. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I was wondering did Marvel & DC do this kind of thing very often, anyone know of more examples? Were their ever any Lawsuits over this kind of thing? Yea I know it don't really say Doomsday and you can't see that much of him but that has to be who they were going for & does this mean Hulk could easily beat Superman poke2.gif Here is a picture of the page it is from a HULK #413 Jan. 1994

1701024-HSD.jpg

1701024-HSD.jpg.bbf3bf85bb69c2b0c5da55bad4a4a80f.jpg

Straight out of DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths and into a Marvel speedrace

In Quasar #17 all Marvel's fast-running types decide to have a race, together with the fastest beings in the universe. All is set up by "The Runner" one of The Elders.

Shortly into the race, an energy surge hit the course a blond man in the remains of a red and yellow outfit appeared, amnesiac, but with a strong desire to run.

1701436-quasar1.jpg

This guy, who thinks his name is "Buried Alien" ends up beating everyone and is crowned "The Fastest Man Alive"

1701443-quasar5.jpg

cool.gif Thanks Davenport I had forgot about that Thor issue now that is a cool one also 893applaud-thumb.gif

smile.gif chromium I can not see your pictures confused-smiley-013.gif but it sounds cool I going to see if I don't have a copy of Quasar #17 around hear somewhere so I can check it out. thumbsup2.gif

smile.gif anyone know of more appearances like these I would like to see more. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yup... There was an issue of Green Lantern where Kyle Rayner talked to Dr Stranges assistant Wong

1701046-greenlanternv357ocd054te.jpg

Ares, what issue was that from? Anyone know?

893whatthe.gif The Doc Strange collector needs a DC!

:faint icon:

893whatthe.gif The Doc Strange collector needs a DC!

:faint icon:

I actually buy a bunch of DCs every week at the LCS... 52, Justice, All Star Superman, Y The Last Man, American Virgin (OK, those last 2 are Vertigo, but still!)... I love all the Grant Morrison stuff and the Identity/Infinite Crisis series... I'm far from just being a Marvel Zombie! thumbsup2.gif

It's just the collection that demands I feed it!

In Kingdom Come, when they break the prison open, you can see some Marvel Heroes escaping in the background. (Doctor Strange being one of them!)

Kingdom Come #3 Annotations

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/7160/kc3.html

Page 45 (155). That's Captain Marvel, in costume, and looking more evil than we've ever seen him. One point that several people raised was, since Captain Marvel shares his power with Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel, Jr., how do all three have their power at the same time? The Revelations supplement refers to this somewhat:

"The idea that she, Billy and Freddy shared the power of Shazam equally may be thrown off kilter by the reemergence of Captain Marvel."

Among the characters in the background are King Marvel, Red Tornado III, Lady Marvel, Tornado, Red Tornado I, Brainiac's Daughter, Alloy, Spiderman, Hawkman, Captain America, Atom-Smasher, Donna Troy, Thor, Red Arrow, Red Robin, Aquaman II, Wonder Woman, XO Manowar, Atlas, Monkeemen, Midnight, Avia, Robotman III, Pepperguard, Sandman IV, Dr. Strange, the original, Golden Age Blue Beetle, Bulletman II, and Bulletgirl II.

In Kingdom Come, when they break the prison open, you can see some Marvel Heroes escaping in the background. (Doctor Strange being one of them!)

Kingdom Come #3 Annotations

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/7160/kc3.html

Page 45 (155). That's Captain Marvel, in costume, and looking more evil than we've ever seen him. One point that several people raised was, since Captain Marvel shares his power with Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel, Jr., how do all three have their power at the same time? The Revelations supplement refers to this somewhat:

"The idea that she, Billy and Freddy shared the power of Shazam equally may be thrown off kilter by the reemergence of Captain Marvel."

Among the characters in the background are King Marvel, Red Tornado III, Lady Marvel, Tornado, Red Tornado I, Brainiac's Daughter, Alloy, Spiderman, Hawkman, Captain America, Atom-Smasher, Donna Troy, Thor, Red Arrow, Red Robin, Aquaman II, Wonder Woman, XO Manowar, Atlas, Monkeemen, Midnight, Avia, Robotman III, Pepperguard, Sandman IV, Dr. Strange, the original, Golden Age Blue Beetle, Bulletman II, and Bulletgirl II.

There's another DC I already own! Gotta love Alex Ross!

Yup... There was an issue of Green Lantern where Kyle Rayner talked to Dr Stranges assistant Wong

1701046-greenlanternv357ocd054te.jpg

Ares, what issue was that from? Anyone know?

Green Lantern 57