• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

I nominate ComicSupply for 3rd Member.

divad

Is clobberintime still on the list...he has bought several books from me without a hitch, and just recently purchased an FF 57 CGC book that I shipped on Jan 5 of this month, another flawless transaction (?) Should he still be on the list?

LMK, or anyone else, I'm certainly curious... (?) (shrug)

I nominate ComicSupply for 3rd Member.

divad

Is clobberintime still on the list...he has bought several books from me without a hitch, and just recently purchased an FF 57 CGC book that I shipped on Jan 5 of this month, another flawless transaction (?) Should he still be on the list?

LMK, or anyone else, I'm certainly curious... (?) (shrug)

I would like to know as well.............I'm new to this probation thing (shrug)

:sumo: 01/24/09 PROBATION UPDATE :sumo:

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

I'm not sure mjacobs should be on the list yet. Maybe he is sick or the package had the wrong address. I'm just wondering if anyone knows him and can find out what is going on.

Mike

Yeah, some of the people on the current probation list have been on there for almost 2 years now. So do they have to complete the original deal that got them on the list in the first place? Or can the seller just say "Hey, take 'em off the list. We either completed the deal or decided not to complete it."

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

I'm not sure mjacobs should be on the list yet. Maybe he is sick or the package had the wrong address. I'm just wondering if anyone knows him and can find out what is going on.

Mike

I too am worried about him - I am missing a slab, and all my past transactions with him have been super solid, both selling and buying. It has not been 30 days yet, however, on my latest purchase. I did send an email to his home address, with no response. I am worried that something bad has happened to him, as I really don't think he is someone to default on a deal. Does anyone know him personally close to his location that can check up on him?

I think the intent is that the person who recommended them for the list is the one who recommends that person's removal from the list.

:hi:

That would be me.

He 'bought' an FF #32...$175, if I remember correctly...but delayed and delayed on payment. He was always going to 'add another book or two', but never did (thankfully, in retrospect).

I sent a final few PMs, asking for the deal to be completed, but he never responded, and so after six months, I sold the book to somebody else.

Since his 'return to active duty', he hasn't even had the good manners to PM me and apologise.

I have no problem with people dealing with him if they want, but I will not be recommending his removal. The list is a 'tread carefully' warning, and it's entirely appropriate that his name is included. (thumbs u

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Mike

Mike,

I too am concerned, hence my notation. Not like Mike at all, but it's been 30 days. As soon as we hear from him we can take him off.

best,

d

Last post:

1 Re: John's Over Graded Cr@p Comics Market - Forum Only Selling 01/07/09 05:01 PM

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Mike

I too am worried about him - I am missing a slab, and all my past transactions with him have been super solid, both selling and buying. It has not been 30 days yet, however, on my latest purchase. I did send an email to his home address, with no response. I am worried that something bad has happened to him, as I really don't think he is someone to default on a deal. Does anyone know him personally close to his location that can check up on him?

Always been a good transaction with me (buyer and seller). And a nice guy to boot. Hope there's an explanation that's not a bad one. :wishluck:

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Mike

Always been a good transaction with me (buyer and seller). And a nice guy to boot. Hope there's an explanation that's not a bad one. :wishluck:

I second that emotion... (thumbs u

I think the intent is that the person who recommended them for the list is the one who recommends that person's removal from the list.

That would be me.

He 'bought' an FF #32...$175, if I remember correctly...but delayed and delayed on payment. He was always going to 'add another book or two', but never did (thankfully, in retrospect).

I sent a final few PMs, asking for the deal to be completed, but he never responded, and so after six months, I sold the book to somebody else.

Since his 'return to active duty', he hasn't even had the good manners to PM me and apologise.

I have no problem with people dealing with him if they want, but I will not be recommending his removal. The list is a 'tread carefully' warning, and it's entirely appropriate that his name is included. (thumbs u

OK...completely understandable and Thanks Nick...completely respect your position...always sorry to hear such a scenario... meh

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Mike

Everyone please don't panic yet...Mike has some problems right now.

He PM'd me couple of weeks ago and stated he was going through some issues, but wouldn't divulge what they were, though I suspect it may be both legal and financial in nature...I just tried calling him - no answer but I left a message. I will go by his place Monday and see if he is around. If he is home, I will try to find out what's up and try to let everyone know what is going on (with respect to privacy of his situation)

If he needs help sending the books I will mail them for him if I can get in touch with him

Thomas

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Mike

He PM'd me couple of weeks ago and stated he was going through some issues, but wouldn't divulge what they were, though I suspect it may be both legal and financial in nature...I just tried calling him - no answer but I left a message. I will go by his place Monday and see if he is around. If he is home, I will try to find out what's up and try to let everyone know what is going on (with respect to privacy of his situation)

If he needs help sending the books I will mail them for him if I can get in touch with him

Thomas

Thomas, YOU ROCK! (worship)

That would be me.

OK...completely understandable and Thanks Nick...completely respect your position...always sorry to hear such a scenario... meh

There isn't a book I want bad enough that will tempt me to buy from someone on the probation list who isn't at least trying to address why he is there. Same goes for selling. Not only hasn't Clobberintime attempted to contact FT he also was quite rude when someone pointed out that he was on the probation list.

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Mike

Thomas

Thomas, YOU ROCK! (worship)

:blush:

Thanks Steve! He helped me out when I was going through some issues...I invited him over for Thanksgiving dinner - he couldn't make it but I took him over a plate...

He's a nice guy hut has serious issues right now...I know he is going through some serious , but I will try to keep calling and go by his house to see if I can catch up with him...

That would be me.

I tend to agree...not only out of principle but because he seems to be looking down on the whole community/looking out for each other/probation list thing as witnesses here

Link to his reaction

Shame really, as he's been here forever

The probation list works as long as we all stick together and protect one another by refusing to buy or sell to/from anyone who is on the list. If they want off the list they can accomplish this by completing their transaction in good faith.

If members buy or sell to probation list members, we fail to protect one another's interests.