• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

37th Overstreet Available for Preorder $18.99/$22.99

62 posts in this topic

So your telling me that the guide price for the guide is $18.99? Does that mean that it really is worth $1 depending on the market??

Doesn't this belong in the Dealer Sales section? confused-smiley-013.gif

No.

Next question.

Get the Cockrum HC yet??

No.

Next question.

Where is comic-keys???

New York, NY.

Next question.

No.

Next question.

Get the Cockrum HC yet??

No.

Next question.

Where is comic-keys???

New York, NY.

Next question.

Are you a Ninja?

Sorry for the derail, I couldn't resist.

Actually if i didn't have the board members in mind it would be $19.99 and people would have to order $25 and above to order it. So, I took the price down and change the site so that orders at exactly $18.99 and above would go through.

In the end to me it isn't about where it should go it was about getting the word out to as many people who wanted to take advantage because I have to put the order in at the end of this month.

Sure the transaction is taking place on my website but I simply could of said give me $18.99 or $22.99 plus $6 shipping and we can handle it through here.

It ticks me off that so much of a poop is made about the red tape. I am just trying to get board members a good deal on the product and there will always be someone who says,

"shouldn't this blah blah blah"

I understand your frustration. I wanted to post comics for sale in the forum only marketplace and then have the buyers pay for them on my site. They were exclusive offerings to the boards. But then I read the rules, and it said no paying anywhere else but here, so I posted all the books in the "Dealer Sales" section instead and very few people saw it.

The only problem I have with the rules is they have to pay elsewhere anyways, ie Paypal, why can't they pay on my site where the shipping is more easy for me to track and thus everyone gets their shipments on time?

On a side note, I placed a pre-order Russ. acclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Actually if i didn't have the board members in mind it would be $19.99 and people would have to order $25 and above to order it. So, I took the price down and change the site so that orders at exactly $18.99 and above would go through.

In the end to me it isn't about where it should go it was about getting the word out to as many people who wanted to take advantage because I have to put the order in at the end of this month.

Sure the transaction is taking place on my website but I simply could of said give me $18.99 or $22.99 plus $6 shipping and we can handle it through here.

It ticks me off that so much of a poop is made about the red tape. I am just trying to get board members a good deal on the product and there will always be someone who says,

"shouldn't this blah blah blah"

I understand your frustration. I wanted to post comics for sale in the forum only marketplace and then have the buyers pay for them on my site. They were exclusive offerings to the boards. But then I read the rules, and it said no paying anywhere else but here, so I posted all the books in the "Dealer Sales" section instead and very few people saw it.

The only problem I have with the rules is they have to pay elsewhere anyways, ie Paypal, why can't they pay on my site where the shipping is more easy for me to track and thus everyone gets their shipments on time?

On a side note, I placed a pre-order Russ. acclaim.gifacclaim.gif

I totally agree. IMO I think they never should of been seperated in the first place. Seperating them just gives us another place to miss and one less place to look.

In the end I dont think there are many dealers here that really do advertise much on here. Certainly if it was spam I am all for getting rid of it, but when it directly links to a hobby we all love, I don't see the need for seperation but then again I never understood x+y=3

Either my joke fell flat as a pancake or no-one got that I was commenting on how the guide prices are typically not even close to the actual prices of comics.

Hello?? Is thing even on??

I totally agree. IMO I think they never should of been seperated in the first place. Seperating them just gives us another place to miss and one less place to look.

I disagree...there's no additional effort needed to click on another Forum to look for dealer offerings than if one was clicking into Comics General... makepoint.gif

There's a perfectly good reason dealers post in another thread...and that reason and rationale behind it can be found easily with a search...

Jim

Either my joke fell flat as a pancake or no-one got that I was commenting on how the guide prices are typically not even close to the actual prices of comics.

Hello?? Is thing even on??

Got your joke, just the first replier was from a noob, nuff said.

And in answer no, it's got more than 32 pages, and only has one variant cover, and one format variant on offer. thumbsup2.gif

Not to sure why some are poo pooing it. The guide is a 'guide'. And again for the last time.

Prices in the book are for dealer's. Not what you'll pay, just what you'll probably sell at.

Imagine Granda ma, and Granda pa Bloggs, get a knock on their door from your local BSD, and low and behold what does he have in his hands when he starts quoting what your collection is worth... the GUIDE.

Best thing you can take way from it is the movements. Whats up...whats down, thats what's credible for the average collector.

Oh god just move the thread. Hang me up and cut me to bleed to death for even starting a deal that had CGC forum members in mind.

I was just asking if you were offering extra incentives/discounts to board members, sheesh.

I only order one every two or three years. It offers very little of value to me beyond the reference it provides and that doesn’t see any major changes from year to year generally.

This is the first year in the last 6 or 7 that I will pass.

Just not enough new information to justify the shelf space. The market reports are hype and/or old news, and guide pricing is fairly irrelevant for the books on my wantlist anyway.

No.

Next question.

Get the Cockrum HC yet??

No.

Next question.

Where is comic-keys???

New York, NY.

Next question.

Are you a Ninja?

Sorry for the derail, I couldn't resist.

I can neither confirm nor deny that.

Next question.

Yep, I agree...they should never have been separated in the 1st place, and as a result, forum members are missing out. frown.gif

I saw your listings Brent, very nice selection of early SA Marvels priced right! 300 views on the "Forum Only" sales forum for the GL 85 9.0, yet less than 210 views on the "Sales Advertising - Ebay, Dealers, etc." sales forum for affordable, well-priced copies of FF 5, 6, 7, X-men 3, 6, 7, Daredevil 2, 3, 5, Strange Tales 101, 107 (really good deal you're offering on that one!), JIM 86, 87, 88, early TTA, TOS, Avengers, etc.,. For those looking for mid grade, early SA Marvels, priced right - click here! thumbsup2.gif