• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age War Comics
1 1

118 posts in this topic

Hey Jeff, I hate to ask how far back you had to go to find this thread!?!

Great Book!!!! I see many SS books with 2 of the Kubert sigs but never all 3!

Great grab!! Congrats

Larry

The Nam definitely set up a new trend with war comics for a little while back in the 80s. I remember missing out on it and going buying Semper Fi & Vietnam Journal when they came out. Sadly neither delivered and Nam remained my all time fave war book in the 80s

IMG_5657.thumb.JPG.18e26cbf1cfbb427d8f8519541eb0cb1.JPG

48 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I vaguely remember this. Was this out before Marvel's Nam?

Right around the same time, but I'm not sure which was first. I imagine that it wasn't the case of one inspiring the other, but rather that there was a lot of media about Vietnam at the time. Good Morning, Vietnam, Platoon, and Full Metal Jacket (just to name a few) came out around the same time.

Was meaning to post this in bronze but I'll put it here. Have a customer who is a disabled vet (Iraq, 2005) who just told me a story about his dad throwing away his comics in the 80s. The one he's looking to get is a back up story in an issue of Sgt. Rock where the crux of the story is "I do know that it had one of those other stories of an Afrika Korp Soldier smoking a cigarette near a burnt out tank and the fuel had leaked and dried up and when he flicked it to the ground, it ignited the fuel and killed him."

Any ideas, guys? I had a full run of this in April but more than half the Rocks have sold. Regardless, I'll be digging into them soon to see if I can help the guy.