• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age War Comics
1 1

118 posts in this topic

I read Team Yankee when it first came out. It's a pretty tense tale of a NATO/Warsaw Pact war in Europe in the 80's ( a real possibility in those days). There's an limited exchange of nukes but it peter's out in the end. Enough to play on the fears of the era without going for the total annihilation of both sides.

I have my off-the-rack copy too. Never been peeved there wasn't a second one though.

Now that DC Super Stars (or whatever) with Rock and US and Marie trying to stop the German ICBMs--there was a one-shot!

That's one of the few books that survived our trade last year Marc. I couldn't get rid of it even in it's tattered condition. I bought it near Aspen CO June 17th, 1977 during a family vacation. I know because I wrote the place and date on the back, it's a pretty cool memory for me.

DCSuperstars-15520x780.jpg

Hey Guys, This weeks book is very hard to find! I got pretty lucky on finding a Battle Group Peiper (listed before by Bigfiver 69) and this one called: Witches Caldron. This is the story of the Cherkassy Pocket or Witches Caldron as the Germans called it. Late 1943 the Russians stage a second Stalingrad and surround 56,000 German troops. Well lets just say not to many made it out!

If you can find this one It is a good read. Grab in any condition! HTF!

Witches' Caldron

It is part of The Heritage Collection. Ethan Krash editor and publisher 1997

writer Wayne Vansant

art Wayne Vansant

black and white art

This is a one-shot $3.50 US

witchescauldron.jpg[/img]

Looks like the copper/modern war thread is starting to get some love!! Not sure what I will post next week? I have still about 50 books with more comming in every day!

Good Hunting, Larry

Edited by Hedge

Vietnam Journal is a series called Fire Team. This is about a Vietnamese/American boy and his Vietnamese uncle living in the US about 15 yrs after Vietnam. The first 3 books deal with the problem of living in the US and not fitting in. The last 3 books deal with the search for the boys long lost American father who is still fighting the war in Vietnam. The Fire Team are the members of the squad who put the boy and his uncle on the last chopper out the firebase before it was overrun. The members of the Fire Team are killed but come back to life when the boy and his uncle need help. Interesting but not great is what I would call this one.

Fire Team

Aricel Comics

6 book series 12/90 - 5/91

Writer Don Lomax

Artist Don Lomax

black and white art

cover $2.50 US

fireteam1.jpg[/img]

fireteam2.jpg[/img]

fireteam3.jpg[/img]

fireteam4.jpg[/img]

fireteam5.jpg[/img]

fireteam6.jpg[/img]

You can find these pretty easy on e-bay but don't overpay for this one!

Thanks Larry

Edited by Hedge

This is a Modern but I thought I would sneek it in here. In 68 a U.S. squad is sent deep into the jungles of Vietnam to search for three missing buddies. They find there fellow soldiers and Weird War all over again! You should be able to find these still at your LCS in back issues or easy to find on E-bay.

Title 68

Cover 1A & 1B put out in 12/06

Story Mark Kidwell

Inks Nat Jones

Colors Jay Fotos

Cover price $3.99

Cover 1A

68cover1.jpg[/img]

Cover 1B

68cover2.jpg[/img]

Happy Hunting, Larry

Love that Army at War!!!

I too have my off-the-rack copy from back in the day (I think was eight or nine!). I also remember being peeved that there was never a #2!!!!

Shep

Never a #2?

ArmyAtWar2inked.jpg

hm

:bump:

Hiya boys and girls!

I've just started a new thread and I need your help and input. It's a thread to showcase DC war covers. I'm trying to show off our favorites or perhaps the ones that would be considered extremely challenging to draw and therefore deserve some attention. Eventually, I'd like to start a new thread with a DC war comic cover "Survivor Series".

Please slide over to Comics General and post some great covers in this thread here: DC War Cover Thread

Thanks everyone!!! (worship)

Andy

Sorry to spam, my friends. I just wanted to bring to your attention the Survivor Series of DC war comic covers has begun. Please go to the thread and vote off your least favorite covers. Thanks all! (thumbs u

Andy

DC War Comic Cover Survivor Series Round 1