• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

On the third day of each month a game will be offered here. The solution may take a minute to solve or weeks. One of my grails will be awarded to the victor.

As Easter has recently passed, our first game will be a simple one. A hunt. You must dig through your OWN personal collection of CGC graded books for this. Take note of this number: 0016658018. The objective is simple. Who ever gets closest to this number wins. You could be off by a hundred thousand and still win if you are the closest. Post your entry here. You only need one but can add new books you pick up. Write the serial number in your post. The photo does not need to show the number clearly but the winner will of course have to provide a close up. Remember the junk mail that said you may already be a winner? Well one of you is holding the winning slab right now.

This game ends on the last day of this month and the victor will be awarded this:

1745289-Daredevil2_1AX_9_8SS.jpg

1745289-Daredevil2_1AX_9_8SS.jpg.1d784743eec9e3701bc44fb0f4b91817.jpg

Lets add another element. In a few days, I will post another serial number. One for a recent submission. However, keep in mind that the winner of the first number has first choice of the three prizes.

You have to post a photo for your entry to count. Now we get to see some interesting books as well.

I don't have a scan of it. If it is the winner, I'll scan and post it.

Was more than enough work to go through my database to find that number. poke2.gif

You have to post a photo for your entry to count. Now we get to see some interesting books as well.

I don't have a scan of it. If it is the winner, I'll post it.

Was more than enough work to go through my database to find that number. poke2.gif

Ditto insane.gif

My original intention was to have you guys share your books here. That is fine though. I won't be a Nazi with the rules. By the way, once the winner has chosen his book, the two remaining books will shift down as prizes for the next game with one new addition.

i got all excited when I thought the serial number had to be the one closest to the items that were offered.

i have a slab that is relatively close to the Daredevil Authentix sketch:

grailsgamecap3zk5.jpg

grailsgamecap3bigdt7.jpg

i'm afraid i dont have any slabs that start off 001 even! good luck to the rest of you

Thanks and good luck. Also, hopefully no one will mind but I made an edit to an earlier post to basically include a runner up. I will add another serial in a few days from a recent submission. The winner of the first number will have first choice of the three prizes.