• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

I was hoping this would go the distance but it looks like we may already have a winner. To be fair though, I will keep the posted deadline just in case someone gets ONE number closer! I think the next number I am posting will be won even quicker since its fresh from the NY Con. In the event of a tie, (one number above and below mine) I will honor both winners and whoever posts a photo or scan of their book first has first choice.

Welcome to the boards!

A nice idea for a game with prizes! 893applaud-thumb.gif

My closest book seems to be about 100,000,000 off.

Maybe next time.

Thanks, and the lottery isn't over yet, I will add one more serial soon.

Welcome to the boards!

A nice idea for a game with prizes! 893applaud-thumb.gif

My closest book seems to be about 100,000,000 off.

Maybe next time.

Thanks, and the lottery isn't over yet, I will add one more serial soon.

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Only two numbers out 893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm thinking you have your books in a database on serial #s as well smirk.gif

True. The search function made it pretty easy.

And it turns out I have another book from the same invoice. It's a small world, I guess.

How would an old label Surfer #1 be on the same invoice as a new label Sig Series?

confused.gif

And it turns out I have another book from the same invoice. It's a small world, I guess.

How would an old label Surfer #1 be on the same invoice as a new label Sig Series?

confused.gif

It wouldn't be (I think). It was probably another submission slip sent in the same time by the same submitter. I assume Ghost Town bought the book from Grails at one point (or vice versa). Or somehow they acquired their books from the same seller. confused-smiley-013.gif

Now that I think of it, the # given by Grails isn't a SS book. What is it Grails?

confused.gif

Ghost Town said he has another book on the same invoice with his Silver Surfer 1 not Grails book. Plus how do you know the serial number that he gave is a new label SS confused.gif

confused.gif

Probably an old serial number too.

Amazing Spider-Man 25, 0016658001, 9.6

Avengers 23, 0016658008, 9.6

Incredible Hulk 102, 0016658015, 9.6

Silver Surfer 1, 0016658020, 9.4

Silver Surfer 5, 0016658023, 9.6

Plus how do you know the serial number that he gave is a new label SS confused.gif

foreheadslap.gif Dumb mistake... I should learn to read. I was thinking the serial number Grails gave was the number from the DD SS slab. tonofbricks.gif

Knowing that Ghost Town will win, I can't help but feel like a cab driver learning that Donald Trump has won the lottery. poke2.gif

The serial number I provided for this lottery no longer exists. It was cracked out of the slab. This was the book though in case you're wondering.

1746676-Ironman1.JPG

1746676-Ironman1.JPG.204c7d144a08a7d29ce1d46f51e4c1c3.JPG

The serial number I provided for this lottery no longer exists. It was cracked out of the slab. This was the book though in case you're wondering.

1746676-Ironman1.JPG

Why would any sane person crack that book out.....when reader copies are plentiful? Eyes towards a 9.9? flowerred.gif

Zipper....I've got to agree with you....trying to get a number close to a 9.8 like that means you've got a few other 9.8's laying around from the same submission....

The wheels were off the cart before you even pulled it out of the shed. gossip.gif

A random mid grade submission from an unknown source...and I'm in.... poke2.gif

That's a good question comicdey and the answer to that kicks off our next game. Here is the new serial for the lottery. 0078629001.

1746689-Ironman1SS.jpg

1746689-Ironman1SS.jpg.177baa81330b77f8cf2f37448c5253c2.jpg

Keep in mind gents, as I am sure we will have a near exact match on this one within 24 hours, that all prizes still go out on the last day of this month. GT also has the first choice. And just to be clear, the IM book is not a prize. That's the number you need to come close to matching.

That's a good question comicdey and the answer to that kicks off our next game. Here is the new serial for the lottery. 0078629001.

1746689-Ironman1SS.jpg

Wow, that was brave. The slightest mishandling could have destroyed that 9.8 grade. Nice book! headbang.gif Beyonder really needs to be here for this. gossip.gif

My days of going for a 9.8 Iron Man #1 are either in the past or in the future, but definately not in the present tongue.gif