• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

I tell ya his collection is big.  I ever tell you how big his collection is? 

Hoooooow biiiiiiig issss it? 

I tell you his collection is so big that people run around it for exercise. 

Jokes.jpg

On 5/6/2019 at 9:16 AM, Pat Thomas said:

I have instructions in my will to contact mycomicshop.com, since they will buy every last book, and be the fairest to a non-collector. If I ever decide to get rid of them myself, it all depends on what the reason is for selling them. My entire downstairs is set up with all my hobby and play stuff, and the comics are safely tucked away in 2 bedrooms without windows, so they aren't in the way of anything. I'm 53, divorced and not looking, and have 2 levels of house with 3 other bedrooms separate from my comic stuff, so I don't foresee them interfering with my life if I ever lose interest. 

Bravo! :applause:

I like the cut of your jib.

Actually, today I am walking around and culling items.   

I listed a few things on eBay and as soon as I find henchman #1's weapon... I have a smaller Lego set I have to list that goes for over $100.

Might go through some Action figures later.

The comics I will go through some other time... and only after I receive my books back from the McFarlane signing so I can figure out what I am keeping of that lot. 

I am not a fan of cluttered areas and try to do my best to sell off things rather that hold everything just to know that somewhere it is locked up in a bin some place. 

I also weigh my options.  Would I rather have "this" Snake Eyes figure or have more money to put toward renovating another room? 

My comics are a sideline of my main collecting hobby which is horror film magazines and books, I have nearly a complete run of all the Spidey tiles except three issues AF15 Amazing 1, 2. As for the rest I have complete runs of Tomb of Dracula The Frankenstein monster and one short of Werewolf by night (32) then it is just comics I liked over the years nothing special at least to other collectors but hey I love them. So in total I have about 11 long boxes which might be 10 boxes of drek but it's MY drek!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: Oh and no slabs I don't agree with encasing books where's the fun of a re-read? I also have over 120 Marvel Essentials and the DC Showcase horror / Sci-fi line. I also have a run of the Chilling archives of horror from IDW and the Golden age run of Batman up to present in Omnibus editions (love these):x plus all the EC library volumes another favourite of mine.

Edited by tv horror

I have about 1500 or so. Some Gold/Silver, lots of Bronze horror stuff, dash of Modern, pinch of Dreck. 

I still collect here and there--knocking items off my want-list now and then, but the bulk of my collection was put together in the mid '90s.

I jumped in feet first 3 years ago and have grown from 300 comics to just topping 20K books. I have roughly 2K duplicates. Just finished a general box catalog as I converted the long boxes to 116 short boxes. Plus the 21 short boxes I already had. And the 6 hard plastic short boxes. Close to 100 CGC slabs. 

My wife says I have a problem, and I agree. Not sure her problem and mine are one in the same....lol. Mine being that I need more space for more comics B|

On 2/17/2020 at 3:47 PM, Yetti82 said:

I jumped in feet first 3 years ago and have grown from 300 comics to just topping 20K books. I have roughly 2K duplicates. Just finished a general box catalog as I converted the long boxes to 116 short boxes. Plus the 21 short boxes I already had. And the 6 hard plastic short boxes. Close to 100 CGC slabs. 

My wife says I have a problem, and I agree. Not sure her problem and mine are one in the same....lol. Mine being that I need more space for more comics B|

You built up to 20 thousand books in 3 years?

Wow!

On 3/9/2020 at 10:37 PM, oakman29 said:

You built up to 20 thousand books in 3 years?

Wow!

Yeah Bought up a couple collections. That make up about 2/3 of my collection. The rest of it was buying lots to flip, and a friend was scooping up any comics he ran across them at yard sales. Adds up REALLY fast. Plus I went to couple comic cons and hit the dollar bins.

I am around a modest 3500 or so books...I am in the midst of using some of this coronacation to catalogue, grade and read many which I just have not gotten to. I would say there are about 500 books I have not read and all of them are getting updated bags and boards if needed, as well as some personal grader notes on condition and what I paid/value them at. Just because :)