• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

I am around a modest 3500 or so books...I am in the midst of using some of this coronacation to catalogue, grade and read many which I just have not gotten to. I would say there are about 500 books I have not read and all of them are getting updated bags and boards if needed, as well as some personal grader notes on condition and what I paid/value them at. Just because :)

130 long boxes coming in at around 30,000 plus.. A couple of hundred Masterworks, around 100 omnibus', 60 short boxes with Trades and some magazines with 28 CGC boxes(around 675 - 700).

Just a few of these are Golden Age(15 or so, all slabbed), with the rest being Silver Age forward. There are many complete sets like, Avengers, X-Men, Amazing, Hulk, Marvel Team-Up, Tomb of Dracula, Justice League of America & Flash to name just a very few. Many other titles with near complete runs.

After cataloging, looks like I've got about 1850 comics from my childhood/teenage years. Takes up about 9 long boxes.  Majority of these are from 1980-1985, with a few older things.  Basically nothing after 1987.  

Now that i finally cataloged my entire collection, I am right at 1000. I just moved them all to short boxes. I just cant heft the long boxes anymore! mostly from 1984 - 1995

I'm at around 1700+ comics. Just finished going through them all and putting them in a database so I can keep track. Like another person said, I also am moving mine to short boxes because the long boxes are just to heavy.

I'm 47 years old and have been collecting since I was about 6 or 7, and saved nearly every book since then, and am still buying books today.  I'm one of the lucky folks that did NOT have their parents toss their childhood collection!  I'd say my comics clock in around 30,000+, ranging in era and genre.  My collection is all over the place!  

Around a thousand, 130 of which are slabbed. Down from around 5,000 several years ago and 15,000 in the 80's. I've never sold a single comic, always traded volume for quality. Dates range from 1941 to 1987. Includes 80 pristine Canadian Price Variants mainly in ASM, Swamp Thing and Thor, 15 of which are being slabbed now. My goal is to have fewer than 500, maybe even less, but I plan to stick to the same playbook of trading volume for quality. 

I'm at 1786.  Majority are Silver/Bronze/Copper ASM, FF, Avengers and JIM/Thor of which only 3 are slabbed.  Some 60s/70s partial runs of IM, ST, Hulk, Cap, Subby, 70s horror and the "new" stuff Marvel was bringing out - HTD, Eternals, Nova.  Some other cool stuff.

Edited by MattTheDuck

Current  collection is a mere 1,000 or so, (mostly marvel, the marvel to DC ratio is 8 to 1 in Marvel's favour,) plus maybe a hundred other items like magazines, treasuries etc. (Used to have a collection of around 6,000 to 8,000 back in the 80s/90s but we won't talk about that, sniff)

It's likely around 1500 with another 500+ of drek in the garage. At it's peak it was a few thousand. Goal is to sell or trade at least half of it within the next ten years.

my collection is still fairly small. I only have 5 long boxes. I'm just recently getting back into collecting. I collected when I was a kid in the early 80's and really ramped it up in the 90's when Image came about. I loved the original Image titles..... and then life happened and Shinders got shut down.... my "only" (that I knew about) outlet to comic books closed on me. The interweb wasn't really a thing yet and the yellow pages was a hassle to look through so I kind of just stopped. Anyways, I'm back! I have a nice order in at CGC (Been waiting for it for 9 months) but I'm excited to get back my first order I personally slabbed... Only have 10 slabs right now and I am looking to slab quite a few more. 

I've got my personal collection down to two short drawer boxes of raw and one CGC box of 25. 

I intend to sell off the rest- 27 long drawer boxes, 32 short drawer boxes, 15 short shell boxes, 40 short boxes in filing cabinets and some 1500 tpb/hard covers.

I'm slowly selling the rest. In January, I only sold 38 books, but I netted just over 10K for them.  If I can pull another 100K from the rest, I think I'll donate whatever is leftover.

I estimate about 30,000 or so.  I really need to inventory everything properly at some point.  92 long boxes, 70 or so short boxes, and half a dozen magazine boxes.  Bronze Age to present with maybe 100 random Silver Age books here and there (none of the big SA keys, though).  Probably fewer than 100 duplicates, but obviously a lot of drek.

I'm running out of room and will probably never finish reading it all, so I'm really cutting back on new stuff.  I used to be caught up on everything, but a big haul from a comic store that went out of business, a large collection I bought from a friend, and having kids really derailed that. (shrug)