• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

Somewhere around 10,000 books. Mostly SA and Bronze Age Marvel.Nothing high enough grade to be worth slabbing. Plus, I love reading them too much to seal them up!

Edited by kiltgy

After 40+ years of collecting my count is at about 40,000 books.Way too many if you ask my wife. I currently have 25,754 books logged into a database including doubles, triples...all backed up on 5 different hard drives. I started collecting around 1976, and was able to hit some drug stores and flea markets back then. My aunt was very supportive of my hobby and helped me purchase many of my early titles. She`d take my sister and me downtown to the arcades in Cleveland and I would get lost in a comic book store while she shopped. Never did she tell me that comics were a waste of time. She encouraged me to read and imagine.To this day she is by far my favorite aunt.

Newish to the boards here but have been collecting for about 20 years. Had a phase where I bought lots of #1's back in the mid 90's. Nothing amounting to much of course.

My CLZ database tells me my, finally, finished count is 5967 including TPB's. Large variety of Marvel and DC, plus loads of independents.

Haven't really been collecting much in the last 10 years or so, Just getting my monthly regulars.

6,157 comics with the vast majority of it being 90s drek.  I also have a few runs that I have drug around the country for 35 years like Groo, a thousand or so Disney comics, and hundreds of Amazing Spider-Man and Daredevil comics.

Somewhere between 20,000 and 22,000

Mostly Silver Age Marvels including - Complete Runs of Iron-Man (1-200) and New X-Men (94 - 200)

I've been collecting since before I was born!

My father collected the old 1960s Marvels and passed his love of comics and his collection to me.

Only 11 CCG comics so far. I've JUST started slabbing my books.

On 3/14/2017 at 1:11 PM, cloudmover said:

Somewhere between 20,000 and 22,000

Mostly Silver Age Marvels including - Complete Runs of Iron-Man (1-200) and New X-Men (94 - 200)

I've been collecting since before I was born!

My father collected the old 1960s Marvels and passed his love of comics and his collection to me.

Only 11 CCG comics so far. I've JUST started slabbing my books.

Welcome to the boards.

My current collection of  " All Marvel Mutants "  stands at 7,368 ( haven't updated in over 2 months, so another 100+ new issues )

I use ComicBookRealm  to inventory and value my collection : https://comicbookrealm.com/mutant+collector/collection

CGC books I'm at 277 

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/PublicUserHome.aspx?PeopleID=155170

If it's a Marvel  Mutant book, I probably own it 

On 3/20/2017 at 3:13 PM, LvDave77 said:

My current collection of  " All Marvel Mutants "  stands at 7,368 ( haven't updated in over 2 months, so another 100+ new issues )

I use ComicBookRealm  to inventory and value my collection : https://comicbookrealm.com/mutant+collector/collection

CGC books I'm at 277 

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/PublicUserHome.aspx?PeopleID=155170

If it's a Marvel  Mutant book, I probably own it 

Amazing Fantasy 14?

If I guessed at personal collection I would say around 12k.. but since I had a comic shop and quit doing new books only a few years ago .. i guess those are 'now mine too' .. though im willing to "share" and im trying to grade/sell/ship those.. if we count them i guess around 190,000 :)