How big is your collection?
6 6

How big is your collection?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

669 posts in this topic

I am around a modest 3500 or so books...I am in the midst of using some of this coronacation to catalogue, grade and read many which I just have not gotten to. I would say there are about 500 books I have not read and all of them are getting updated bags and boards if needed, as well as some personal grader notes on condition and what I paid/value them at. Just because :)

130 long boxes coming in at around 30,000 plus.. A couple of hundred Masterworks, around 100 omnibus', 60 short boxes with Trades and some magazines with 28 CGC boxes(around 675 - 700).

Just a few of these are Golden Age(15 or so, all slabbed), with the rest being Silver Age forward. There are many complete sets like, Avengers, X-Men, Amazing, Hulk, Marvel Team-Up, Tomb of Dracula, Justice League of America & Flash to name just a very few. Many other titles with near complete runs.

After cataloging, looks like I've got about 1850 comics from my childhood/teenage years. Takes up about 9 long boxes.  Majority of these are from 1980-1985, with a few older things.  Basically nothing after 1987.  

Now that i finally cataloged my entire collection, I am right at 1000. I just moved them all to short boxes. I just cant heft the long boxes anymore! mostly from 1984 - 1995

I'm at around 1700+ comics. Just finished going through them all and putting them in a database so I can keep track. Like another person said, I also am moving mine to short boxes because the long boxes are just to heavy.

I'm 47 years old and have been collecting since I was about 6 or 7, and saved nearly every book since then, and am still buying books today.  I'm one of the lucky folks that did NOT have their parents toss their childhood collection!  I'd say my comics clock in around 30,000+, ranging in era and genre.  My collection is all over the place!