• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

741 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Thanks much! It's the highest graded Silver Age Thor that I own. 

Welcome brother. Feel free to check out my Thor collection. I just recently got a Rocky Mountain Pedigree book. I was stoked when it came in the mail 

11 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That's the issue that has a 10.0 in the census.  There seem to be a lot of 9.6s and 9.8s out there as well, which is amazing -- I imagine that must mean it was a warehouse find?

I'm not sure of why there are an abundance of that issue in high grade, but am very happy to have one. I DO know of some particular books like Rawhide Kid 50, Thor 132, Patsy & Hedy 104 & 108, Millie the Model 135 as well as annuals 4 & 5 that were found with high double digit copies in high grade. Some of those issues were sold by Gary Dolgoff at one point. I'm glad that there are some issues out there with plenty of copies in high grade that a collector of average means can afford to own a few copies of. It's a real treat for me to own Silver Age books that look like they're brand new.

7 hours ago, RayJr said:

Love the old covers of Loki vs Thor. Comics back then were on point with their art & stories.

Thanks! I really dig the covers where they're slugging it out, hand to hand like this one. I think they're under the radar right now and have yet to be fully appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Thanks! I really dig the covers where they're slugging it out, hand to hand like this one. I think they're under the radar right now and have yet to be fully appreciated. 

I hope the Thor books stay under the radar so I can acquire some high graded CGC ones lol. Everyone seems to be chasing Spider-Man and FF books lately.

To all my Thor brothers/sisters collectors out there, I’m looking for any Thor vol 2 #60-69 CGC. I’m one book away from taking 1st place in that set. Thank you for your time.