• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

748 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

I'm kind of on a book-by-book basis, I want them nice, but with some flexibility in actual grade. The 83 of course would never be high grade for me, as I wouldn't spend what it would take to get a 9.anything. 

True, I’m happy with my 4.5 (signed by Stan, Joe Sinnott & Larry Lieber).

4 minutes ago, TheBigJ said:

Picked these up at a LCS going out of biz a few years ago.

JourneyIntoMystery_112_CGC90.JPG

JourneyIntoMystery_124_CGC90.JPG

Awesome pickups. My goal is to have my whole Thor collection graded.

This is a call out for any Thor experts here. Nothing important ... just a little curious.

I was thumbing thru one of those old G&T Enterprises indexes tonight and the following comment is listed for issue #126..."Comment: No real villain in this story; Thor stripped of half his powers by Odin for revealing his secret identity to Jane Foster in JIM #124"

Thing is though, it doesn't say when Thor gets his powers back. Surely, he does at some point.

14 hours ago, Gaard said:

This is a call out for any Thor experts here. Nothing important ... just a little curious.

I was thumbing thru one of those old G&T Enterprises indexes tonight and the following comment is listed for issue #126..."Comment: No real villain in this story; Thor stripped of half his powers by Odin for revealing his secret identity to Jane Foster in JIM #124"

Thing is though, it doesn't say when Thor gets his powers back. Surely, he does at some point.

Odin decides to strip Thor's powers as a punishment. He doesn't have the heart to do it himself, so he gives the Odin Power to Seidring (The Merciless, hint,hint). Seidring naturally keeps the Power, and over the next few issues, much gallantry in defeat ensues. Thor ultimately forces Seidring to relinquish the Power at great sacrifice to himself. Thor is laid up a few days in recovery, and by #128, is back 100%. 

Edited by KirbyJack

If it didn’t happen in 337 or 338, I can’t think of another likely story. Journey into Mystery 95’s cover features a duplicate Thor tossing two hammers at our hero.

I won’t be surprised to learn I’m wrong about this, tho.

2 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

If it didn’t happen in 337 or 338, I can’t think of another likely story. Journey into Mystery 95’s cover features a duplicate Thor tossing two hammers at our hero.

I won’t be surprised to learn I’m wrong about this, tho.

Someone asked me this question and I was like, “I think Magneto used it against him but I could be mistaken”. I’ll check 338 to see