• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

748 posts in this topic

Arex...here you go,

My copy of JIM #83. Nothing really special about a CGC 3.0, but...

I actually bought this book off the newstand in 1962 and it's been in my collection ever since!!! One of the very few books I have left from my original owner collection. Hope to have this as part of my collection for many years to come.

— Rick

JIM-83.jpg

Presents very well + great provenance!! :applause:

Very nice!!

TG99

Arex...here you go,

I actually bought this book off the newstand in 1962 and it's been in my collection ever since!!! One of the very few books I have left from my original owner collection. Hope to have this as part of my collection for many years to come.

— Rick

JIM-83.jpg

Presents very well + great provenance!! :applause:

Very nice!!

TG99

Nice 3.0....maybe my favorite grade for a Marvel key, affordable and sturdy enough for reading. With that PQ I'd wager it spent a lot of it's life in a chest or a dresser drawer. Nice. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Arex...here you go,

— Rick

JIM-83.jpg

Amazing story about purchasing off the rack. Congrats and it has superb colors !!

:takeit:

Here is my replacement copy. Remarkably, I've now owned 3 pedigree copies of this ish (also the Green River copy). Although the WM is the nicest of the bunch, this one is only a smidgen behind, and it makes my fourth Massachusetts pedigree copy in my JIM run.

JIM91Mass.jpg

2 great ped examples of this book!! :cloud9: The WM does seem a little nicer. hm

I hope that Canadian WM black hole appreciates his copy!!! :baiting:

JIM 91 White Mountain, Green River, Mass, all in 9.2 - Bah!!! :baiting:

Here's the Sid's Luncheonette copy that i sold a couple of years back. (PQ was ow/w) The buyer also grabbed FF's 15 and 25 in 9.2 and Sgt Fury 13 & ST 114 in 9.0........quite a haul... :grin:

SidsMarvelsJIMsA021-1.jpg

HARRY.....Long time no see. I still think CGC was tough on the PQ of many of your submissions....some of the OW's I've seen would probably fetch OW/W today. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u