• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

748 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2020 at 2:53 PM, 01TheDude said:

I have always felt that in JIM 112 when he fights the Hulk, is the only time that the Mjolnir is tripped of it's power by Odin- in an effort to even the battle as requested by Thor.

He does hit him with it but it has no real effect beyond some basic hammer during the battle. The Hulk gets excited when he can finally even pick it up.

It is a weird issue but an awesome fight-- and their first time fighting. But that feels like the only time-- short of Beta Ray Bill becoming worthy-- that something like this happens.

And you know the entire background of the Mjolnir is sort of fluid in the early years in terms of what is canon or not. I mean-- he used to have to strike the cane on the ground to turn into Thor and could not have it out of his grasp for a certain amount of time without reverting to Dr. Blake. At the time-- it was a bit confusing to young me as the rules seemed ever in flux.

Mjolnir didn’t work so well against Magneto.

Journey Into Mystery #109.jpg

16 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I'm not gonna lie, every single time there is any group shot of Marvel characters -- on a big cross-over comic book cover, on a movie poster, whatever -- I am *always* looking to see if they included Thor and if they did a good job depicting him.  Far and away my favorite character.

He became my favorite character in 79 when my dad got me my 1st ever comic which was Thor 282

59 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I don't know if you all have seen this Jack Kirby Thor story from August 1957.  I was blown away when I read it for the first time as an adult.  DC was so close to having another multi-million dollar property on their hands.  Ha. Ha.

Thor 1.jpg

Thor 2.jpg

Thor 3.jpg

Thor 4.jpg

Thor 5.jpg

Thor 6.jpg

DC’s Thor in All-Star Squadron 18

1786D5DF-E327-4E49-B15C-023181A3B743.png