• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stupid eBay Comic Book Auctions

11 posts in this topic

Stealing this idea from another board...

While there is a great selection of comics on eBay, there are people out there who obviously have no clue what they're doing.

Here are a few to get you started...

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-1-CGC-G-VG-3-0...1QQcmdZViewItem

X-Men #1

CGC graded 3.0

Starting bid: $1000 / Buy it now: $1500

Sideways picture

http://cgi.ebay.com/CGC-1-8-AMAZING-SPID...1QQcmdZViewItem

Amazing Spiderman #1

CGC graded 1.8

Starting bid: $2050

Terrible pictures

Price tag on slab

Have fun 27_laughing.gif

NO PAY PAL. I accept checks and money orders ONLY...SORRY ABOUT THE UPSIDE-DOWN SCANS. I don't feel like doing it again, so I'll let that slide. The scans are just there to get you excited anyway, no big deal.

How is this guy a power-seller?

Let's see here... Poorly formatted auction description; upside-down scans (apparently genius here doesn't know how to rotate images); no paypal

THIS ITEM IS GONE

You can close auctions early I believe (I haven't sold anything on eBay in a long time).

And another one from the same person:

THIS ITEM IS SOON TO BE OFFERED FOR SALE

CHECK MY OTHER PAINTING and ITEMS THAT I HAVE FOR SALE> ON MY EBAY STORE ALL BIDDERS MUST BE PREAPPROVED before I allow them to bid!.. If your bid is not preapproved I will not accept your BID!! This item is being offered for sale else where and can be sold at any time. AND IS BEING OFFERED WITHOUT A RESERVE Thanks YOU MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OTHERWISE I WILL NOT HONOR YOUR BID!.

So how exactly does one get pre-approved? And when exactly will this item be for sale?

Comic Book Colection (30+ long boxes)

Collection of 7000-9000 comic books, largely DC and Marvel, from the last 10 years (Avengers, JLA, Green Lantern, Flash, Thor, Captain America, etc.) but older comics as well that have been collected, such as Vertigo runs (Entire run of Sandman, Books of Magic, Lucifer, etc.), ABC Comics (full runs of Promethea, Top 10, etc.). Includes multiple Trade Paperbacks of various series, mixed TPBs with individual issues (Invisibles, Preacher). In the process of cataloging using ComicBase Express but this is a long process. Willing to sell collection for less without needing to complete cataloging.

Most comics in fair to good condition. Not all bagged, but boxed and kept in cool dry area. In the process of bagging/boarding collection. Seeking to relocate to city and need to unfortunately sell collection for space and for $$$.

No pictures

They're not sure how many they have

Not all of them are in bags

"Most comics are in fair to good condition" - how can you say this when you don't have your comics cataloged and you're not even sure how many you have?