• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you seen these board members?

115 posts in this topic

Was swapping lies with a fairly new board member and he kept coming up clueless when I would drop names... I began to realize how many of our legendary members are MIA at this point. Some of these have well-known stories, others do not... These folks are all on the first four pages of the user list...

HAVE YOU SEEN THESE BOARD MEMBERS???

Listed in order of post count (in other words, their importance to the board tongue.gif )

21588 posts - Beyonder - 4 in the last month

19639 posts - Joe_Collector - 0 in last 3 months

13641 posts - Supapimp - 2 in the last month

10966 posts - BachelorOfComics - 0 in last 10 months

10077 posts - uclapeterg - 6 in the last month

10000 posts - murph0 - the only member ever to lead greggy in post count, 0 in last 37 months

8648 posts - rob_react - 0 in last 5 months

8221 posts - fantastic_four - 13 posts since 2005

8130 posts - rickdogg - 20 posts in last 6 months

7288 posts - svndst1030 - 1 in the last month

6149 posts - DiceX - 0 in last 2 months

5305 posts - sfilosa - 0 in last 7 months

5157 posts - Rocketeer - 0 in last month

4637 posts - kiltman - 0 in last 2 months

4590 posts - BronzeBruce13 - 0 in last 3 months

That group represents over 140,000 posts, about 8% of all the posts ever made on the boards... A moment of silence for our missing comrades... sorry.gif

Posted yesterday.

That post was counted in my 13 in 16 months... confused-smiley-013.gif

Some of his arguments with Hammer were spectacular. If anyone could design a grading system that a computer could use to grade books, it's Mr Rudd...

Subtract 0.03 for the 1/32" bindery tear. Subtract 0.06 for the moisture spot 2mm in diameter. Subtract 0.04 for the corner rounded to a radius of 1/16"... Subtract... Subtract... Subtract... Final grade = 8.5

thumbsup2.gif

10000 posts - murph0 - the only member ever to lead greggy in post count, 0 in last 37 months

He became murph and his last post was on 3/31/07.

Even as murph he only has 6 posts in the last 26 months... confused-smiley-013.gif

Looking up and down the list, it's a lot of people who were very active members of this community who just aren't any more...

I would venture that the average age of our active membership has gone up dramatically in the last 4 years. Average income as well. While certainly some of those "missing" members are quite well off, the elitism has taken off here and we have fewer casual comic collectors. Neither good nor bad. Just progress I suppose...

The one thing that has been the biggest change for me is the number of guests. If you check the online counts when you come in you will typically see 2-3 times as many guests as members. We have a lot more lurkers that never post. I have people come up to me at shows all the time saying they have followed these boards for a year or more and never posted once... confused-smiley-013.gif

Posted yesterday.

That post was counted in my 13 in 16 months... confused-smiley-013.gif

You asked if we had seen them. confused-smiley-013.gif

Has anyone seen you?

Come to Harlem and they can see me kick your *spoon*. makepoint.gif

Chicago, next year sumo.gif

Some of his arguments with Hammer were spectacular. If anyone could design a grading system that a computer could use to grade books, it's Mr Rudd...

Subtract 0.03 for the 1/32" bindery tear. Subtract 0.06 for the moisture spot 2mm in diameter. Subtract 0.04 for the corner rounded to a radius of 1/16"... Subtract... Subtract... Subtract... Final grade = 8.5

Only if Gifflefunk doesn't beat him to it...

Beyonder is having computer trouble from what I've read. JC made an exit weeks and weeks ago; there's a whole thread about it. Rob left months and months ago, and came back briefly and explained why in the midst of a thread, I forget which.

I would venture that the average age of our active membership has gone up dramatically in the last 4 years. Average income as well. While certainly some of those "missing" members are quite well off, the elitism has taken off here and we have fewer casual comic collectors. Neither good nor bad. Just progress I suppose...

What you say may be true over the last 4 years, but I would guess that the average age, average income level and average level of knowledge has plummeted in recent months. There has been a flood of newbies lately.

He became murph and his last post was on 3/31/07.

Even as murph he only has 6 posts in the last 26 months... confused-smiley-013.gif

Looking up and down the list, it's a lot of people who were very active members of this community who just aren't any more...

The one thing that has been the biggest change for me is the number of guests. If you check the online counts when you come in you will typically see 2-3 times as many guests as members. We have a lot more lurkers that never post. I have people come up to me at shows all the time saying they have followed these boards for a year or more and never posted once... confused-smiley-013.gif

"...it was the worst of times..."

confused-smiley-013.gif

we would also accept "they're all logging in as MutantKeys and fighting with deathlok"

Was swapping lies with a fairly new board member and he kept coming up clueless when I would drop names... I began to realize how many of our legendary members are MIA at this point. Some of these have well-known stories, others do not... These folks are all on the first four pages of the user list...

HAVE YOU SEEN THESE BOARD MEMBERS???

Listed in order of post count (in other words, their importance to the board tongue.gif )

21588 posts - Beyonder - 4 in the last month

19639 posts - Joe_Collector - 0 in last 3 months

13641 posts - Supapimp - 2 in the last month

10966 posts - BachelorOfComics - 0 in last 10 months

10077 posts - uclapeterg - 6 in the last month

8648 posts - rob_react - 0 in last 5 months

8130 posts - rickdogg - 20 posts in last 6 months

7288 posts - svndst1030 - 1 in the last month

6149 posts - DiceX - 0 in last 2 months

5305 posts - sfilosa - 0 in last 7 months

5157 posts - Rocketeer - 0 in last month

4637 posts - kiltman - 0 in last 2 months

4590 posts - BronzeBruce13 - 0 in last 3 months

That group represents over 140,000 posts, about 8% of all the posts ever made on the boards... A moment of silence for our missing comrades... sorry.gif

Rob_react left in disgust. He has his own blog that is a welcome respite sometimes from here.

What you say may be true over the last 4 years, but I would guess that the average age, average income level and average level of knowledge has plummeted in recent months. There has been a flood of newbies lately.

which is a good thing gossip.gif

Hogwash!!!

The last dozen or so new members in the Golden Age forum have been fantastic additions to the boards. I'd place their knowlege, and income against any on these boards.....and as far as their age? Most of them are old guys like me. shy.gif

Hogwash!!!

The last dozen or so new members in the Golden Age forum have been fantastic additions to the boards. I'd place their knowlege, and income against any on these boards.....and as far as their age? Most of them are old guys like me. shy.gif

Bill, I'm not talking about you and the likes of Rich Evans and Steve Carey. I'm talking about the (seemingly) hundreds of new posters in the General forum.