• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading from Australia

8 posts in this topic

Jump onto the CGC website.

It has a pretty good step by step on how to go through the process.

What sort of books are we talking? Bronze, silver/ gold?

Because you will need to sent them by insured airmail to the USA, Pay the grading fee & then have them shipped back its not worth it unless its one or both of the following;

A: The book has particular sentimental value to you.

B: Its worth a bit of money.

C: Your very rich & just don't care about the cost.

I have a few hundred slabs and have found buying the book already slabbed my best option.

I also have nearly 100 1948-1956 Australian Blackhawk comics books that I want to have slabbed one day. I would love CGC to send a few graders to Australian for a week or so with the aim to grade & slab books on site at one of our cons.

I am sure if this was tried the cost of flights could be absorbed by the qty of books being submitted for grading. It would also increase the level of exposure in Aus.

Let us know what type books you have and what your collecting habits are.

Regards,

Russ...

Jump onto the CGC website.

It has a pretty good step by step on how to go through the process.

What sort of books are we talking? Bronze, silver/ gold?

Because you will need to sent them by insured airmail to the USA, Pay the grading fee & then have them shipped back its not worth it unless its one or both of the following;

A: The book has particular sentimental value to you.

B: Its worth a bit of money.

C: Your very rich & just don't care about the cost.

I have a few hundred slabs and have found buying the book already slabbed my best option.

I also have nearly 100 1948-1956 Australian Blackhawk comics books that I want to have slabbed one day. I would love CGC to send a few graders to Australian for a week or so with the aim to grade & slab books on site at one of our cons.

I am sure if this was tried the cost of flights could be absorbed by the qty of books being submitted for grading. It would also increase the level of exposure in Aus.

Let us know what type books you have and what your collecting habits are.

Regards,

Russ...

Russ,

Which conventions do you make it to?

Hey Russ,

all A B & C apply to me, so i guess im going to get em graded smile.gif

I have modern comics i want to grade.

they are 9th wonders heroes prop comics.

link - http://heroeswiki.com/9th_Wonders!

weird books, i know, but very rare.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NBC-HEROES-PROP-PROM...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/9th-Wonders-NBC-Hero...VQQcmdZViewItem

thanks for your help.

Ben

Hey Ben.

If the books have sentimental value to you (as you said) thats great, go for it.

Just did a quick bit of research. Dont think the books are rare.

The links to those auctions are an absolute joke. Have you checked the census for CGC copies graded to date? If not I have done a cut and paste for you below. Nobody has even bothered getting anything below 9.0 graded. and there have been over 50 already graded in 9.6-9.8

If you want to have them graded for making money then only a 9.6 or above will be worth it. I have checked out GPA which you may want to subscibe to if you have not already.

The price for a #1 in CGC 9.8 is worth about $200 tops.

A copy of #1 in CGC 9.6 is worth $85

Now factor in that you will spend about $25 each way in shipping plus about $25 for grading which totals US$75 then add the price that you paid for the book.

If the book cost you $5 you may break even if it comes back a CGC 9.6

As I said before it may be better to purchase a copy that has alrady been graded from the USA. Be patient and you may get one quite cheap. Remember that thes books are probably riding a wave due to the popularity of the Heroes TV show at the moment.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Russ... thumbsup2.gif

1782725-Heroes.JPG

1782725-Heroes.JPG.47c1a0bf832e70d19764b7021b164458.JPG

Hey Russ,

some of the information you posted is incorrect.

if you serch 9th wonders in the cgc census. you get 3 different grading graphs.

the first one (the one i have attched for you) is the actual 9th wonders PROP comic - RARE! no more than 10 comic made of each of the 5 cover variants.

the other 2 graphs are for the NBC Inc Herioes PROMO comic. a 4 cover variant with about 1000 copies of each cover distributed.

even CGC and the comic price guide are a bit behind the 8-ball with this comic.

only because, it is not a real comic. it is a metafictional comic made for the Heroes show. (the PROP that is....)

i still plan to get em graded.

you are right about the ebay prices though, only beacuse the show is hot right now. prices will definatly die off over time, at lease some. but as it is dear to me, ill grade it for the keeping.

see also http://www.comicspriceguide.com/forum2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34027

Thanks for your help.

Ben

cgc1.jpg

1782727-cgc1.jpg.5c9429caf4e3702d3aac8569e09010b3.jpg