• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a completist????

Are you a completist????  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a completist????

144 posts in this topic

I was not one before but now I am a completist. I like a challenge. The challenge of attempting to complete something gets me going and I cannot stop until I am successful in doing so.

It depends on how you define completist. In general I would say no, as there are few complete series I'm truly interested in. But I am working on many short(-ish) runs.

Yes. There's a sense of satisfaction in finding the whole run, whether it's ten books or 500!

I'm a completist mainly, my Avengers collection is only 2 books short now yay.gif.

Recently though with my house overflowing with comics, I've wondered why I keep books I don't even like (eg Jack Kirby's Captain America run) so I might cut some stuff out.

100%.

I don't start collecting a title until I know I can get each and every issue and don't stop till I have the complete series.

I've completed each and every series I've collected (or am busy completing them)

The hard one will be Batman...and that's the reason I'll never buy a single Tec or Action issue...no reason in fooling myself

I consider myself a completist but I like to focus on runs rather than titles. For instance, I am actively working on an X-Men 94-143 run and an X-men 144-200 run. I have been nibbling away at an X-Men 201-300 run. I haven't even started X-Men 67-93 (although I hope to buy my first book very soon) and I haven't even got a plan to start X-Men 1-66 because I can't afford to finish the run in the condition I want right now. I may start a run next year of X-Men 301-current mainly because I have all those in ungraded NM+ or better so it will be affordable.

But, when I start a run, I like to have all the second prints and cover variants. I'm not much of a price variant collector. For instance, I won't consider my Wolverine 1-189 run "complete" until I have the 2nd prints to 41 & 42, the non-holo cover of 100, both alternate covers to 114, the DF cover variant to 125, both covers to 133, the non-foil, silver foil & gold foil covers to 145, the chrome DF cover variant to 145, the Nabisco 145, the Bone Claws 145, the alternate cover to 150, the chrome DF 150 and the alternate DF cover to 150.

I haven't even got a plan to start X-Men 1-66 because I can't afford to finish the run in the condition I want right now.

9.8? insane.gif

I used to think it was 9.6 until I saw some of the beautiful 9.4s that you have posted. Now, I think that might be the way to go.

I haven't even got a plan to start X-Men 1-66 because I can't afford to finish the run in the condition I want right now.

9.8? insane.gif

I used to think it was 9.6 until I saw some of the beautiful 9.4s that you have posted. Now, I think that might be the way to go.

acclaim.gifthumbsup2.gif

9.8? insane.gif

Buy Dougs books poke2.gif