• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a completist????

Are you a completist????  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a completist????

144 posts in this topic

Started as a completionist but after 20 years have become a key and cover hunter

Me too.

i'm a pathetic completionist probably in need of a twelve-step program. examples: since my timely/atlas superhero collection needed the two men's adventures and five young men, i found myself not only compelled to get the entire runs of both titles, but even the predecessors, "cowboy romances" and "true western/true adventures." the one ideal book with the witness in it? i had to get the other 4 ideals, even the last one which is a romance book. you say venus 11-19 are semi-superhero? gotta have the first 10, too. know why all winners is missing a 20? cuz it was "all teen 20"--HAD to get one. marvel tales took over from marvel mystery, and you say one of them has a sun girl appearance? hell, that's only another 66 i need.

but i'm having fun growing the collection while i simultaneously shrink the bank account.

893applaud-thumb.gif

definitely a completist. I finished my Batman run 4 years ago and have moved on to Detective. Still need almost 200 issues.

I am only "completing" tec 27-100 (need about 10 issues, all common, just taking my time to find them, in no hurry)...from 101-225, just collecting the "keys", villian covers, and neato covers...not going for the complete run (although, I might change my mind down the road, or when I see greg's group shot!)...

so, I am a little of both!

gator

Started as a completionist but after 20 years have become a key and cover hunter

Me too.

i'm a pathetic completionist probably in need of a twelve-step program. examples: since my timely/atlas superhero collection needed the two men's adventures and five young men, i found myself not only compelled to get the entire runs of both titles, but even the predecessors, "cowboy romances" and "true western/true adventures." the one ideal book with the witness in it? i had to get the other 4 ideals, even the last one which is a romance book. you say venus 11-19 are semi-superhero? gotta have the first 10, too. know why all winners is missing a 20? cuz it was "all teen 20"--HAD to get one. marvel tales took over from marvel mystery, and you say one of them has a sun girl appearance? hell, that's only another 66 i need.

but i'm having fun growing the collection while i simultaneously shrink the bank account.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif That is so emblematic of why we love Mr Parker

Hopeless completist. Working on backfiling my mid-silver/beginning bronze age childhood collection. A pricey propostion since my midwestern upbringing will not (probably) let me by #1s in some of those runs (Action, Detective, Superman, Batman, etc.). And since I've been on the boards, added a new run -- Phantom Lady (Fox). Doubt that will be the last.

I don`t need every single issue of a tittle because theres no way i`m ever going to shell out cash for 90`s AMS.

I just set goals to be completed like AMS 1 to 300 and avengers 1 to 200 then i just get short lived bronze tittles like sandman, warlock,rima,weird wonder tales. then a few books i set small goals like captain marvel 1-5,hawkman1-5,spider-woman 1-5,ka-zar 1-10,shadow 1-10.

Easy goals so i don`t get to down because AMS and Avengers are taking along time to complete.

So i guess the answer is yes. :P

Completist till a series runs into Copper late 80s. It takes me forever but I keep hammering away till I have full runs. The problem of course as I have nentioned before is staying focused

Putting together set is alot of the fun that i have in this hobby. (besides reading) But of course the question is where to draw the line. I have put together sets of all the bronze marvel comics. I want to go back to the silver age and fill in everything i am missing. (370ish issues) And some of the bronze sets i have run into the 80s and i was thinking about filling in some of that....it never ends!!!! Then of course i have ongoing runs that i buy every week new. Running out of room!!!! :makepoint:

I used to be a completist, but (like several others that have posted already) after unloading collections twice already I have found it better to stick with keys/classic covers/high demand artist issues instead. While it is nice to look at complete runs, trying to sell all of the common issues for a decent % of OSPG is difficult in anything less than NM. :baiting: