• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comicpriceguide.com adjusts Batman #227 to $400 guide value !!!

44 posts in this topic

The average ACTUAL sales for this book in CGC 9.4 over the last 2 years has been over $700.

That's crazy. screwy.gif

The price is based ONLY on the cover. I can think of no other comic where the cover mattered this much to the price. Prices are usually based on first appearances, stort elements, interior art, etc.

I think this will be a growing CGC trend. The cover art will become more and more important in CGC pricing, since that is the only part of a CGC comic that can actually be seen.

That's a pretty astute observation, IMO. A large part of the desirability to collectors here is simply the allure of the cover (myself included after joining boards). And being that it rests inside a tomb, that's about all most will see.

Having fun with the search function...? ;)

Doh. doh!

I was wondering what the heck you meant by that. And about 10 posts later, I literally realized I somehow unintentionally clicked on a very old thread. How? I don't know-- maybe hit the 10 tab or something. AFIK, it was the newest page.

You've probably found it by now, but try this thread: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4782132&fpart=1