• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody set up at Chicago recently?

4 posts in this topic

This year has been a blur... I think I'm over 60 nights in hotels already and we aren't even in June yet... Like a sorority sister after formals, I keep waking up bleary-eyed wondering "Where the hell am I?", "Where are my clothes?", and "What the hell is that smell?"

Somehow in the blurriness I had convinced myself that the reason I was not setting up in Chicago this year was that it was in July, and therefore would conflict with NAMM... Well now having found half my clothes, and checking the back of the hotel door to see that I am not still in Anaheim, I have come to the conclusion that Chicago is not, in fact, in July, and that I should see if there are spaces still available...

I'll be contacting the WW folks tomorrow...but before I do that I wanted to see if anyone here had set up at this show lately? Particularly I am wondering about the freight move-in... Rosemont has the single most insane reputation of any convention facility in North America and has earned every bit of it. The stories I could tell about what goes on there for "regular" conventions would make your hair fall out... So I am hoping that the Chicago Con isn't handled the same way...

Is it like San Diego? Where your booth fee pays for "assisted move-in" and as long as you arrive during scheduled times, the Teamsters move all your stuff in for no additional charge? Is it like WW Texas? Where there are no Teamsters in the first place and you just move your own stuff into the hall? Or is it like most "real" conventions and tradeshows, where the fee for Teamsters moving my product is in the 60 cents per pound range?

Now I just need to find the rest of my clothes... and figure out why my bathtub is full of jello... foreheadslap.gif

You unload and set up your own stuff. I was there last year helping Joe Sarno set up (probably again this year).

Angelo

That's what I wanted to hear... thumbsup2.gif

I'll be on the phone with WW in the morning. thumbsup2.gif