• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Affordable" SA keys on comiclink

31 posts in this topic

Yeah, I saw that X-Men 1 earlier. Hard to believe it looks that good and isn't restored. I'd love to get it, but don't think my wife would appreciate me taking a second on the house or cashing in the 401k to buy "a comic book", oh well.

Are you like part of the ComicLink marketing/pr team or just have nothing else better to do? And while talking about Comiclink, has anyone else out there won one of his recent auctions? I paid for a $1200 book by cashiers check about 10 days ago and have heard nothing - and his comictrack section doesn't show anything.

Are you like part of the ComicLink marketing/pr team or just have nothing else better to do? And while talking about Comiclink, has anyone else out there won one of his recent auctions? I paid for a $1200 book by cashiers check about 10 days ago and have heard nothing - and his comictrack section doesn't show anything.
I won one around a month ago. I charged it so I knew when the book got sent. confused-smiley-013.gif

oh boo hoo you haven't gotten your book yet 27_laughing.gif.....i just like to point out nice books that are available. Other than my quality material that is for sale, no one else on these boards moves anything....lots of talkers though. 893blahblah.gif

And while talking about Comiclink, has anyone else out there won one of his recent auctions? I paid for a $1200 book by cashiers check about 10 days ago and have heard nothing

10 days? Keep waiting...I didn't get a response/tracking number from them until August 6 on a purchase I paid in person (via M.O.) on July 17 at the SD Comic Con.

Gene

And while talking about Comiclink, has anyone else out there won one of his recent auctions? I paid for a $1200 book by cashiers check about 10 days ago and have heard nothing

10 days? Keep waiting...I didn't get a response/tracking number from them until August 6 on a purchase I paid in person (via M.O.) on July 17 at the SD Comic Con.

Gene

At least you got a number! confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, you are right...

That 9.2 has stronger colors and only a tiny more wear top left corner.

*sigh*

That's the number system... frown.gif

A high end 9.2 and a low end 9.4 shouldn't be more than twice as much.

23,000/50,000???

oh boo hoo you haven't gotten your book yet .....i just like to point out nice books that are available. Other than my quality material that is for sale, no one else on these boards moves anything....lots of talkers though

I don't consider a Conan 1 or a bunch of WW non-keys "quality material"....and as far as a bunch of talkers, you're right up there with them...imho.....If your going to go into business as a comic dealer, have some gonads and get some books that are worth talking about....throw those ASMs (129, 17, 23, etc....) up here....you might as well, you've flipped everything else....

oh boo hoo you haven't gotten your book yet .....i just like to point out nice books that are available. Other than my quality material that is for sale, no one else on these boards moves anything....lots of talkers though

I don't consider a Conan 1 or a bunch of WW non-keys "quality material"....and as far as a bunch of talkers, you're right up there with them...imho.....If your going to go into business as a comic dealer, have some gonads and get some books that are worth talking about....throw those ASMs (129, 17, 23, etc....) up here....you might as well, you've flipped everything else....

893blahblah.gif no one asked u. and what have u sold lately? what super keys have u moved? IMO Ithink Conan #1 is a key bronze age book. I also think that WW #159,178 and the others I have sold are key books. Further I think that Det #400 cgc 9.4, GL #59 cgc 9.4, Dark Mansion #1 cgc 9.4, Hulk annual #1 cgc 9.4, xmen #100 cgc 9.6, batman #244 cgc 9.6, xmen #63 cgc 9.8, xmen #58 cgc 9.4,ASM #41,51,52,69,96,97,101 cgc 9.4 are key books.

sure i deal books but so does nearly everyone else on these boards...what makes me different? because i try and turn a profit on books? call me crazy but isn't that the point? to make $ if you sell something..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Are you referring to my ASM #17 cgc 9.2 and ASM #27 cgc 9.4 and ASM 129 cgc 9.6? I think I will hold onto those for awhile..... grin.gif

Hey , I'd take the 9.4...it's worth more...F the eye appeal,why down grade? I can't judge the book by a scan anyway...i'd certainly take that Hulk 1 8.5 too..Kevin

Kevin,

Your statement implies that someone would give you either book for free. Of course everyone would take the NM copy.

But the point was, which would you buy? If the NM- copy looks almost as nice and has better "eye appeal", I (and other board members) might choose that copy and use the $25K saved to buy other books.

Regardless of what you think, the label NM (9.4) does not make a book automatically nicer than NM- (9.2). The NM (9.4) grade was given as a consensus grade of three people on a given day.

For all you know two graders gave the NM (9.4) book, NM (9.4) grades and the third gave it a NM-( 9.2). And it's possible that the NM- (9.2) book had two graders give it NM- (9.2) and one grader give it a NM (9.4).

Based on that assumption, that would mean the only difference between these two books is the opinion of ONE GRADER, yet that ONE persons opinion now makes a book $25K more valuable?. 893whatthe.gif

I'm not buying that.

sumo.gif

no one asked u.

Since when do you need to be asked for your opinion ?!!

And if I could get a team of MIT professors to calculate how many times you ramble on about how much money you make off your "sales" and how your just a guy looking to get "the best deal" or " or make a few dollars" or whatever your out to do,they still couldn't come up with a total. - see what your myopic mind doesn't

register is, I am not out to make money at all cost...regardless of who i screw over. I might make money on a book, I might not. It depends on what I am looking to do and maybe I need to move something that I might take a small loss on because the book has lost favor due to decline in popularity..and I want to buy something else.....see, I actually COLLECT comics....I am not a DEALER-WANNA-Be like yourself.....You think that someone is less of a person because they didn't actually make money on a book...that's a sad view of the world.....

Hey , I'd take the 9.4...it's worth more...F the eye appeal,why down grade? I can't judge the book by a scan anyway...i'd certainly take that Hulk 1 8.5 too..Kevin

Kevin,

Your statement implies that someone would give you either book for free. Of course everyone would take the NM copy.

But the point was, which would you buy? If the NM- copy looks almost as nice and has better "eye appeal", I (and other board members) might choose that copy and use the $25K saved to buy other books.

Regardless of what you think, the label NM (9.4) does not make a book automatically nicer than NM- (9.2). The NM (9.4) grade was given as a consensus grade of three people on a given day.

For all you know two graders gave the NM (9.4) book, NM (9.4) grades and the third gave it a NM-( 9.2). And it's possible that the NM- (9.2) book had two graders give it NM- (9.2) and one grader give it a NM (9.4).

Based on that assumption, that would mean the only difference between these two books is the opinion of ONE GRADER, yet that ONE persons opinion now makes a book $25K more valuable?. 893whatthe.gif

I'm not buying that.

sumo.gif

I don't care who graded what book what grade..makes no differance to me...Why buy silver when gold is worth more (as in metal) I'm not saying that someone was giving it to me for free makepoint.gif Just a statment...don't over analyze it,which is what it sounds like..so if 2 of the four grades graded the book 9.2,which the final grade was given a 9.4...how does that impact it's value?? If you don't trust steve borock's grading skills,then don't buy graded books...simple.