• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Affordable" SA keys on comiclink

31 posts in this topic

no one asked u.

Since when do you need to be asked for your opinion ?!!

And if I could get a team of MIT professors to calculate how many times you ramble on about how much money you make off your "sales" and how your just a guy looking to get "the best deal" or " or make a few dollars" or whatever your out to do,they still couldn't come up with a total. - see what your myopic mind doesn't

register is, I am not out to make money at all cost...regardless of who i screw over. I might make money on a book, I might not. It depends on what I am looking to do and maybe I need to move something that I might take a small loss on because the book has lost favor due to decline in popularity..and I want to buy something else.....see, I actually COLLECT comics....I am not a DEALER-WANNA-Be like yourself.....You think that someone is less of a person because they didn't actually make money on a book...that's a sad view of the world.....

Who said that? Hey if you can afford to lose $100 + on each book when you decide to sell, more power to you. To me buyin and sellin and holdin onto a few books is a hobby. It's fun. Since when is making $ on a deal "screwin someone over?" Does that mean when a dealer buys a collection for let's say 200 super high grade books for $10K and sells you a book out of that collection for $500 that he is screwin you over? If your answer to this is no then how is what I do (albeit on a smaller scale) any different? Isn't it a good business move to actually make a profit on one's investment?

no one asked u.

And if I could get a team of MIT professors to calculate how many times you ramble on about how much money you make off your "sales" and how your just a guy looking to get "the best deal" or " or make a few dollars" or whatever your out to do,they still couldn't come up with a total. - see what your myopic mind doesn't

register is, I am not out to make money at all cost...regardless of who i screw over. I might make money on a book, I might not. It depends on what I am looking to do and maybe I need to move something that I might take a small loss on because the book has lost favor due to decline in popularity..and I want to buy something else.....see, I actually COLLECT comics....I am not a DEALER-WANNA-Be like yourself.....You think that someone is less of a person because they didn't actually make money on a book...that's a sad view of the world.....

Who said that? Hey if you can afford to lose $100 + on each book when you decide to sell, more power to you. To me buyin and sellin and holdin onto a few books is a hobby. It's fun. Since when is making $ on a deal "screwin someone over?" Does that mean when a dealer buys a collection for let's say 200 super high grade books for $10K and sells you a book out of that collection for $500 that he is screwin you over? If your answer to this is no then how is what I do (albeit on a smaller scale) any different? Isn't it a good business move to actually make a profit on one's investment?

George, you have to sell books to buy more books cause your wife won't let you spend outside money to buy them,But you see,I look at you differently than i do say Harley Yee or Bob Storms or Josh of Comiclink..I know they are in business...a real business,not some insufficiently_thoughtful_person trying to make a buck,then going on here and bragging about it and not by stabbing people in the back.YOU ARE NOT A DEALER. let me let you in on a little secret about you George...Nobody cares if you make or lose any money,But yet you sell a book make a 100 bucks on it and start going on the forums,looking for a pat on the back cause you made a profit. Again...Nobody cares!

no one asked u.

George, you have to sell books to buy more books cause your wife won't let you spend outside money to buy them,But you see,I look at you differently than i do say Harley Yee or Bob Storms or Josh of Comiclink..I know they are in business...a real business,not some insufficiently_thoughtful_person trying to make a buck,then going on here and bragging about it and not by stabbing people in the back.YOU ARE NOT A DEALER. let me let you in on a little secret about you George...Nobody cares if you make or lose any money,But yet you sell a book make a 100 bucks on it and start going on the forums,looking for a pat on the back cause you made a profit. Again...Nobody cares!

i am simply notifying those forum members that had interest in the book or asked me about the book while it was on ebay that it has sold and for a nice price i might add. grin.gif And yes I keep comic $ seperate from other investments like 401K, mutual funds, stocks,retirement accounts, house payments, etc. My choice. And I think many forum members do the same thing.

Do all the people on ebay or that post books on Josh's site try to make a buck? I would think so (i.e. when a book is bought on heritage for $2900 and sold to you for $4500 a few weeks later).

And true I am not a dealer....but i make $ on my deals....unlike you 2.

no one asked u.

i am simply notifying those forum members that had interest in the book or asked me about the book while it was on ebay that it has sold and for a nice price i might add. grin.gif And yes I keep comic $ seperate from other investments like 401K, mutual funds, stocks,retirement accounts, house payments, etc. My choice. And I think many forum members do the same thing.

Do all the people on ebay or that post books on Josh's site trying to make a buck? I would think so (i.e. when a book is bought on heritage for $2900 and sold to you for $4500 a few weeks later).

And true I am not a dealer....but i make $ on my deals....unlike you 2.

I swear you ride this "I make money on my deals" to no end 893frustrated.gif You sound like a broken record.Sure people put books on Heritage and Comiclink..mostly because they need the money. Conan 1 sucks anyway,IMO It's a second rate key.Your not notifying forum members it sold..your looking for a pat on the back,your alos looking for "bids" from forum members, hoping somebody will give you stupid money for the second rate key books u have. Again..nobody cares,As far as making a buck...i've made plenty off of comics,Unlike you I don't hold out selling something,just to make an extra measly 20 bucks.

I swear you ride this "I make money on my deals" to no end You sound like a broken record.Sure people put books on Heritage and Comiclink..mostly because they need the money. Conan 1 sucks anyway,IMO It's a second rate key.Your not notifying forum members it sold..your looking for a pat on the back,your alos looking for "bids" from forum members, hoping somebody will give you stupid money for the second rate key books u have. Again..nobody cares,As far as making a buck...i've made plenty off of comics,Unlike you I don't hold out selling something,just to make an extra measly 20 bucks.

ok first you are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. have you ever read the book? it has some of the best stories and art in the first 24 issues. Classic Roy Thomas/Barry Smith. Please put only informative statements on the boards..not "this sucks." you suck.

Secondly...if no one cares then why did it get 10 bids? And why did I receive so many posts/PMs/emails on the book? Why are 9.6 copies fetchin over $1100? Obviously your statement doesn't hold any weight. makepoint.gif

I swear you ride this "I make money on my deals" to no end You sound like a broken record.Sure people put books on Heritage and Comiclink..mostly because they need the money. Conan 1 sucks anyway,IMO It's a second rate key.Your not notifying forum members it sold..your looking for a pat on the back,your alos looking for "bids" from forum members, hoping somebody will give you stupid money for the second rate key books u have. Again..nobody cares,As far as making a buck...i've made plenty off of comics,Unlike you I don't hold out selling something,just to make an extra measly 20 bucks.

ok first you are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. have you ever read the book? it has some of the best stories and art in the first 24 issues. Classic Roy Thomas/Barry Smith. Please put only informative statements on the boards..not "this sucks." you suck.

Secondly...if no one cares then why did it get 10 bids? And why did I receive so many posts/PMs/emails on the book? Why are 9.6 copies fetchin over $1100? Obviously your statement doesn't hold any weight. makepoint.gif

Why would I read it? I don't care about it...Conan is lame like yourself...10 bids?? WOW!! Jamie must have really wanted that book

Why would I read it? I don't care about it...Conan is lame like yourself...10 bids?? WOW!! Jamie must have really wanted that book

again...what are you talkin about? Your statement is untrue. Please clarify.

again...what are you talkin about? Your statement is untrue. Please clarify.

How about not? 893frustrated.gif

If board threads were books, does anyone have any doubt that the 1st "gman vs. Shuley" would be worth big bucks!?!? A completionist would have a hard time completing the run, and they'd be buying new books 4-ever!! 27_laughing.gif