• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original art appreciation thread

629 posts in this topic

Well, I once had two pieces of original art. A Colan page from Tomb Of Dracula shwoing Blade. Also that - forget what it was - a Marvel Something - like Team-Up or Two-In-One or whatever - it had the rock group Kiss in it? It was the spalsh page. Bought both of them for about $25 each. Sold them for about 3x what I paid a long time ago. Wish I still had the TOD Colan page. Colan is one of my favorites. frown.gif

Damn, can't complete the Ambush Bug trifecta because I can't find the scan for the other page... but it's Son of Ambush Bug #3 p.10 with Villian the Villain battling Blotto the Clown while he explains the reasoning behind his name. confused-smiley-013.gif

I just won this on ebay. smile.gif See attachment.

Great "Magnus" Steve...Who did it and where did it appear??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bob Layton and it's the cover to Magnus "0". I should have it next week, I can't wait to frame it and hang it up by my desk! I am becoming an original art junkie, I have about 60 covers and splash pages. I will try to post some more art later this week............