• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Bruce,

Thanks for the kind words. Always a pleasant transaction dealing with u. Enjoy the comic art. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I "had" kind words for you, but I inadvertantly deleted them when editing in your full name... I'm glad you saw it...

"Thoughtful guy who brought me Original Art Pages which had the letter pages of Hulk 180/181."

To anyone who has yet to work with Bruce:

In the other business' I'm in, I see a lot of scum and bottom-feeders, particularly when money has any involvment. It has made me suspicious of people by nature, and I tend not to trust anyone farther than I can throw them(literally). Since Comics are mostly a hobby for me, I approached this hobby with trust, and I've been burned. So unfortunetly, I find myself looking at the hobby with the same distrust.

Bruce is one of the few exceptions. He's one of the only guys I would send books to on approval, and/or deal with on a very high end transaction without blinking or thinking twice. He is also a man of his word, and will go out of his way to accomdate you, even if it means a sacrifice on his part. You will rarely find that in this hobby, or anywhere else for that matter.

Cheers Bruce!

AK

Bruce is one of the few exceptions.

OK - on a serious note - have had a few PM encounters with Bruce and he has gone out of his way to shoot me some info etc. that benefited him not a bit, but he thought I would appreciate. To quote Edward G. Robinson in BROTHER ORCHARD, "This is the REAL class!" grin.gif

Gene, Paul (Wolvergeek) and I go back to the beginnings of the CGC craze and were in regular contact.

Ahhh, the good old days, before you became the Bronze Overlord of the Sith and I became Dr. Doom! wink.gif

But, seriously, it's been a pleasure wheeling and dealing, swapping ideas and even butting heads with you over the past 3 1/2 years. Thanks for your help in sourcing some of my most prized books as well as helping me out with new issues during my travels. Your post-9/11 comic care package did not go unappreciated either. acclaim.gif

One of these years I *will* attend a Wizard World East and we will finally meet up...

Gene

That whole 911 experience of yours was something... so close.

Now, I'm holding you to that Philly con meeting...you dimed out on me 2 years in a row. This past year you actually chose a new job over meeting me...the nerve.

Thanks for the kind words Bruce. It was a pleasure to deal with you. Thanks for all the advice you have given me also. It is appreciated. Hope to do more deals in the future.

Chris

My pleasure Chris... I'm sure we will work together soon... came close with that Defenders 1 9.6 White... but you ended up with a nice 9.4.

Bruce....

Thank you for remembering me in your tribute thread ! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have to be honest here, I completly forgot about the overnight shipping of that book. I felt it was a big purchase and was worried about the book getting lost....(that book isn't the most valuable book in your collection, i know, but it would be tough to get another one in that grade...).I do remember that it was the deal that introduced us and anyone would be hard pressed to find a dealer/collector that is easier to deal with.

And since most people on here know Bruce, or at least know of him, I am probably repeating things, but Bruce is one of the straightest arrows on here...and he ALWAYS remembers who does right by him....

I agree with your assesment of the people you applaud....DAM60, AK, Blazing,Drummy, and many that I haven't mentioned... acclaim.gif

Did you ever get a chance to make any Sushi or Rice Pasta recipes?

Actually, I did - and you were right! The texture was wonderful and the experience overall was great! I have stopped buying my fave DeCecco patsa and am saving a BUNDLE in Chinatown!

Thanks Mike... I didn't forget the shipping upgrade... it impressed me and told me you were a conscientious fellow who was more concerned that the package arrived safely and on time... than worrying about the extra $10 or so. Most don't think like that.

Hey Bruce, I TRIED to hook you up with those IF books you needed. frown.gif

I truly appreciated the effort Lee. I know you went out of your way to try and help me. At least it got you to submit a few books and make some cash on the CGC express.

Told you those 9.8's were tough... even with some late bronze books. I think there's still only (1) 9.8 Iron Fist #1... go figure

Did you ever get a chance to make any Sushi or Rice Pasta recipes?

Actually, I did - and you were right! The texture was wonderful and the experience overall was great! I have stopped buying my fave DeCecco patsa and am saving a BUNDLE in Chinatown!

you know its pretty easy to make some Thai dishes too... even Pad Thai.

Sautee the Rice Patsa with garlic, oil, galanga, kaffir lime (or other Thai sauces.. some are even available in mixes... Red Curry, etc.). Add ground up peanuts and shrimp and its damn good!

If you go to a Thai restuarant try some Pad Kee Mao (Thicker Rice Noodles) you can almost figure out how to make it at home.

Now I'm hungry 893frustrated.gif

Dave Matteini (DAM60)... What can I say that's not obvious? ... A class act that is great to work with. I suspect someday he'll come by and take all 3 long boxes of Batman I have.

Bruce, thanks for the kind words!! smile.gif

Thanks to Bruce I not only have Batman year 1 in 9.6 but he also hooked me up with some marvels! (who would have thunk it? tongue.gif)

Bruce has bomb proof packaging and always throws in some nice "extras" - with year 1 he threw in a great "Untold Legends of the Batman" book and cassette! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

One of these days if I can ever figure out how to transport them, I will take all three boxes!

Thanks again Bruce,

DAM

Wow! After coming home from a long day of school and work, this is something pleasurable to read. There is nothing better than reading all of the good things about fellow forumites. Reminds me of why I joined in the first place.

Great post Bruce and thank you for the kind words

893applaud-thumb.gif