• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is your favortite character in comics???
3 3

Who is your favorite character??  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite character??

469 posts in this topic

Back in the mid- to late 1980s, I watched Spider-man and his Amazing Friends on television.  I was blown away by Iceman.  Just thought that he and his powers were so cool.  So, I've always had a special place in my heart for Spider-man, Iceman, and Firestar.  As I grew older in the 80s, I couldn't be without Flash (Wally West version at the time), Batman, Punisher, and Iron Man (in this last case, especially during Bob Layton's stint penciling the comic).  Oh, and the 1980s was all G.I. Joe, so Duke, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and Destro were my favorites in that comic.  Finally, having recently re-read George Perez's work on Volume II of Wonder Woman, I've gained an immense respect for that character.  His treatment of her was really great work -- way more mature than my teenager mind could possibly comprehend back at the time. 

Like many others here I cannot narrow it down to a single favourite character, as that often depends on my mood :D

I do however have a very specific pantheon of characters I love above all others, and so decided to create a mini-display to showcase them. I tracked down the matching Heroclix figure for my favourites (that looked the closest to my favourite versions, though some I needed to do repainting on) and for the few that didn't have any figures I had them custom made. The plus side to using Heroclix figures, as opposed to statues or action figures is they are fairly cheap, with a large range of figures from many companies, and small enough to easily ship and display :D The display case is a simple acrylic one you can find on Amazon. Bolded names are my top three.

Top Row (left to right):
Hellboy, Archangel, Swamp Thing, Iron Man, Mysterio, Batman (Gotham by Gaslight version)

Middle Row:
Brain (GeneGrafted version. Custom), Arsenal (Custom), Doctor Fate, Sandman, Hourman, Stiltman

Bottom Row:
Blazing Skull, Iron Man, Batgirl, Moon Knight (Fist of Khonshu version), Scarecrow, Donatello

I only included Batman there because this version is closest to the one that appeared in my favourite DC TPBs ever, JSA: Liberty Files, which features his team up with Hourman (and others). I personally find the Bat-family far more interesting than Batman himself (and really often wish he was done away with completely, existing only in legacy stories/flashbacks/myths). Gene-grafted Brain had a single comic appearance in JLA: Year One #6 but is basically one of the most perfect DC comicy-comic-books ever and so must get honoured for that.

20221024_091633_HDR.thumb.jpg.6ebe5075b9e3eed90e30cf7f146a32bb.jpg

Edited by Sauce Dog

not in any order my top 6 as a kid.

Amazing Spider-Man

Hulk

Iron Man

The Thing

Batman

Superman

As an adult, I kind of gravitated to these kinds of characters.

Conan the Barbarian

Jonah Hex

Sgt. Rock

James Bond 

Sherlock Holmes

Black Panther

Edited by The humble Watcher lurking
spelling