• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What age has the best covers????

What age has the best covers???  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What age has the best covers???

61 posts in this topic

I think the Silver UXM Steranko covers is what put it over in favor of Silver for me. I think Copper would have won out otherwise (a la Miler, McFarlane) with perhaps Neal Adams leading the way for a third place Bronze.

i think the only reason - outside of overriding nostalgia - someone wouldn't put Gold as their choice is that they haven't seen very many GA covers. just the sheer breadth and depth of choices in the GA alone make it number one for me

i think the only reason - outside of overriding nostalgia - someone wouldn't put Gold as their choice is that they haven't seen very many GA covers. just the sheer breadth and depth of choices in the GA alone make it number one for me

Well... technically speaking, I've seen fewer GA covers than any other age, so... in part you are correct. It doesn't mean I would necessarily vote GA, but it would definitely give that era a better chance.

Gold. No question. confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif

This is where I have to go for the Gold - plenty of great and interesting stuff since, and plenty of weak stuff then - but nothing screams COMIC BOOK like a classic Golden Age cover.

My least favorite - The Bronze Age mainstream comics (especially post '72) - a sea of ugly wherever you look - the exceptions often hindered by hideous contest banners and the like. The few bright spots like Neal Adams coves and the DC Horror books from the early 1970s only remind me of how disappointing most everything else was.

My least favorite - The Bronze Age mainstream comics (especially post '72) - a sea of ugly wherever you look - the exceptions often hindered by hideous contest banners and the like. The few bright spots like Neal Adams coves and the DC Horror books from the early 1970s only remind me of how disappointing most everything else was.

Totally agree. 73-80 had VERY few bright spots. Talk about books that are driven primarily by nostalgia...

I almost cringe when I see Marvels from that era. Butt ugly, boring covers on 99% of them.

crazy.gif