• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What age has the best covers????

What age has the best covers???  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What age has the best covers???

61 posts in this topic

I choose bronze age,i really like marvels boxed covers DC`s gogo boot wearing wonderwomans and lois lanes,neal adams batman, kirbys DC tittles.

Both Marvel and DC had some great horror covers also.

GA and Silver both have great great stuff too,but bronze age books are my pick. (thumbs u

Does anyone else have these?

I have a golden age set too.

Front to back nothing but covers.

Very cool books. :grin:

photojournal.jpg

For me its Bronze! Not to take away from the classics in SILVER and GOLD. But the horror covers by put out by D.C- Warren Publishing and to a lesser degree MARVEL really does it for ME. And those Savage Sword of Conan covers not too shabby. Just look at what Bernie Wrightson did on the SWAMP-THING COVERS! :cloud9:

I choose bronze age,i really like marvels boxed covers DC`s gogo boot wearing wonderwomans and lois lanes,neal adams batman, kirbys DC tittles.

Both Marvel and DC had some great horror covers also.

GA and Silver both have great great stuff too,but bronze age books are my pick. (thumbs u

Does anyone else have these?

I have a golden age set too.

Front to back nothing but covers.

Very cool books. :grin:

photojournal.jpg

Yeah, I've got the second one of those books. They're great for looking at nothing but covers. (thumbs u

Another vote for SA here. Covers were never bolder or more dramatic than the Silver Age.

Most modern age covers suck.

I agree with that! I voted Golden Age because the war covers are awesome. The fact that some covers are so dramatically un-PC is great to me because they make a legitimate statement, even if it was offensive to some.

After a while though, war covers get old. I think Bronze Age is best for general variety. I love many of the Batman and Superman covers from the early '70s. Social commentary with drugs, civil rights and crime issues really made an impact in those years. When that got to be too much there was always Archie! :grin:

Bronze age covers are the best. Nostalgia, I guess. Golden Age covers are okay, but I just find them to graphic and quite frankly frightening. They give me the creeps

There are a ton of great BA covers also.My second favorite artist is Adams.And he does do the bronze age proud.The gl/ga covers along with the horror is just great.

Bronze age covers are the best. Nostalgia, I guess. Golden Age covers are okay, but I just find them to graphic and quite frankly frightening. They give me the creeps

That's not saying much, your scared of this too:

Who would be scared of that ?Rosie on a good day creeps me out.