• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fallen Son Sketch Covers Megathread

2,238 posts in this topic

Heres mine done by Silver Surfer/Ion artist Tom Grindberg. I dont know exactly how to post pics here but heres the link to my yahoopics (if it does work im sorry)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/par2ch/detail?.dir=/a6eere2&.dnm=7b2ere2.jpg&.src=ph

I was just uploading my recent Fallen Son sketches and came to realize that its been 9 years since my 1st Fallen Son sketch cover posted here on the boards!!! Boy has the time gone by quick. I was re-reading this original thread. Lots of familiar names that have not posted in a while.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Hard to believe it has been over 9 years. Looking back on some of these posts reminded me of when Fallen Son was the only widely available blank cover and the sketch cover business was just getting started.

This was my 2nd sketch cover ever and my second Clayton Crain commission. I thought I had posted it here before but I didn't see it.

FallenSon3sketchvariantCGC98WSSClaytonCrain001_zps27e33692.jpg

CrainCaptainAmericaFallenSonbackcover.jpg

Beautiful Crain sketch.

The guys that were the primary force behind this thread were really the grass roots beginning of the CGC sketch movement. Even though many of them are huge dorks, we all owe them a debt of gratitude (and our wallets should punch them in the groin.)

So here's to you Early Adopter Sketch Cover Guys - Real men of Genius!!!!

Let's try and get all the Fallen Son Sketch covers in their own thread!

I just got my my Fallen Son sketch covers back from Will Wong who took them with him Wizard World Philly for onsite grading. Gigantic kudos goes out to him for doing that for me!

I think it would be good to create a thread for these covers because I know that there will be so many that people get sketches on. So why not keep it all together in a single thread? I encourage the ones that were already posted on these boards to make their way over here so we can all bask in the sketch cover glory. I'm a huuge Cap fan, and this is just another great excuse for me to get even more sketches of my favorite character.

So these were my pickups:

My friends and I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Perkins at the Paradise show, and a couple of us got sketches from him.

The first book belongs to my girlfriend which wowed us all. As he handed this to me he told me to tell her:

"Don't say that Mike Perkins doesn't do extra for the ladies!"

mikeperkinsleenazc0.jpg

This one was for me:

mikeperkinsraphzr9.jpg

Last and certainly not least: Joseph Michael Linsner, who commented that he really liked my idea for the cover

josephmichaellinsnerrapzt4.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I can't even wait to see all the ones that get added to this thread.

R.I.P. my dear friend