• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fallen Son Sketch Covers Megathread

2,238 posts in this topic

Let's try and get all the Fallen Son Sketch covers in their own thread!

I just got my my Fallen Son sketch covers back from Will Wong who took them with him Wizard World Philly for onsite grading. Gigantic kudos goes out to him for doing that for me!

I think it would be good to create a thread for these covers because I know that there will be so many that people get sketches on. So why not keep it all together in a single thread? I encourage the ones that were already posted on these boards to make their way over here so we can all bask in the sketch cover glory. I'm a huuge Cap fan, and this is just another great excuse for me to get even more sketches of my favorite character.

So these were my pickups:

My friends and I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Perkins at the Paradise show, and a couple of us got sketches from him.

The first book belongs to my girlfriend which wowed us all. As he handed this to me he told me to tell her:

"Don't say that Mike Perkins doesn't do extra for the ladies!"

mikeperkinsleenazc0.jpg

This one was for me:

mikeperkinsraphzr9.jpg

Last and certainly not least: Joseph Michael Linsner, who commented that he really liked my idea for the cover

josephmichaellinsnerrapzt4.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I can't even wait to see all the ones that get added to this thread.

Those are some really fine sketches and the fact that the books retained the 9.8 is amazing. Love the JML trademark. Thanks for posting those.

Raphael,

Those books are fantastic! What's even better is that you are definitely the biggest Cap fan I have seen around these parts and all three made it through at 9.8. You have to do something extra special for your lady to get her to give you the Red Skull version! Congrats!!!! headbang.gif

--Sean.

Raphael,

Those books are fantastic! What's even better is that you are definitely the biggest Cap fan I have seen around these parts and all three made it through at 9.8. You have to do something extra special for your lady to get her to give you the Red Skull version! Congrats!!!! headbang.gif

--Sean.

Hey Sean

Mike Perkins said that cover with the Red Skull is hers, so it's hers. Despite the fact that I probably could have kept that one for myself, it was meant for her, so she has it. She was so excited for it that she asked me to take a pic of it for her (because she hadn't seen it), so that's why I have a pic. thumbsup2.gif

I have some nice ones at CGC right now. 2 Ed Mcguiness/ Dexter vines combos, a Mark Brooks, A tim seeley with an awesome back cover., 1 nice tom lyle, one by javier saltares, one by mike wieringo, and one that is pencilled by Raphael Kayanan and inked by John Dell. More to come. I hope they all grade nice.

I have some nice ones at CGC right now. 2 Ed Mcguiness/ Dexter vines combos, a Mark Brooks, A tim seeley with an awesome back cover., 1 nice tom lyle, one by javier saltares, one by mike wieringo, and one that is pencilled by Raphael Kayanan and inked by John Dell. More to come. I hope they all grade nice.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

hail.gif

i can't wait to see those too!

The thing that is great about all mine is every artist with the exception of tim seeley has drawn captain america in a published comic. I for some reason felt that it was only right. Infact the only reason I picked tim seeley to do one is I loved his work so much on GI Joe that I felt he should draw a real american hero.

If you grew up in the 80's you understand what that means.

Too bad you are not slabbing this one it is really good. I would have looked nice in a yellow label slab.

I agree, but due to the timing of me getting it (where I randomly found Ty Templeton), and me not being a witness, I couldn't get that slabbed.