• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE PQ IS WHITE....WHAT'S THE QP?

142 posts in this topic

Is this what you mean by "flattened wrinkles/creases"?

VCWOA-asecretwars8.jpg

How much of a deduction for this type of defect? confused-smiley-013.gif

I was having a mental block. I meant "printer crease"... I think that was the term bandied about here in earlier threads.

I'd love to post some of the defects I've seen, but - alas - I haven't the means.

Perhaps we can get some one to collect a type set of printing defects and scan them for our leisurely perusal?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Forum members seem to be avoiding this thread like the plague...... confused.gif

Maybe a QP rating would make most of their books worthless.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

C'mon guys,

Show us your POS 9.8's..... smirk.gif

That really is confusing...

maybe they really have something to fear? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Forum members seem to be avoiding this thread like the plague...... confused.gif

Maybe a QP rating would make most of their books worthless.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

C'mon guys,

Show us your POS 9.8's..... smirk.gif

That really is confusing...

maybe they really have something to fear? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmmm...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

QP defects don't bother me nearly as much as wear and tear. If a book is a bit off center, I am happy to buy it and usually at a discount versus a perfectly centered book. Miscuts are a different thing--I don't buy them.

5 votes? confused.gif

I guess noone cares about the QUALITY of their collection.....only their CGC grades. tongue.gif

Who cares about miswraps?

Who cares if a book is off-center?

Who cares if the staples are misplaced?

Who cares about miscuts?

Who cares about these insignificant "production defects"?

Noone I guess...... confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was just thinking.

After I posted in the other thread...

What *is* the QP of this book?

I just threw out a number. I think it may actually be better.

asm100.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Uhhh...no.

Sorry

But if I do, I'll let you know before anyone else. gossip.gif

I'm going to hold you to that. smirk.gif

Nice book. I've been looking for a really nice ASM 100 for awhile......and yours is definately the nicest one i've seen.

I'd give it a strict QP 9.9

I'd give it a 10.0, but there is the slightest bit of white showing at the bottom of the spine..... tongue.gif

I'd give it a 10.0, but there is the slightest bit of white showing at the bottom of the spine..... tongue.gif

Overstreet and CGC allow for 1/32" of miswrap in the 10.0 grade. Is your QP scale more strict than that?

Hmmm..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's a little harder on books without clearly defined "borders"......

THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMIC MAGAZINE " seems to run straight to the top edge. Nice staple placement. As long the FC doesn't wrap around to the back........I'll go ahead and pass it on through the QP 9.9 pre-screen . smirk.gif

Should the black registration line on the left be visible from the front on a 10.0? I have to wonder whether the black line should be DEAD on the spine for perfect production quality, which would mean that you wouldn't be able to see it unless you looked at the book from the side.

THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMIC MAGAZINE " seems to run straight to the top edge. Nice staple placement. As long the FC doesn't wrap around to the back........I'll go ahead and pass it on through the QP 9.9 pre-screen . smirk.gif

893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif What's the defect that knocked it down to 9.9?!?! I *DEMAND* to see the grader's notes!! 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.giftongue.gif

Should the black registration line on the left be visible from the front on a 10.0? I have to wonder whether the black line should be DEAD on the spine for perfect production quality, which would mean that you wouldn't be able to see it unless you looked at the book from the side.

I think at that point, we're talking about the difference between QP 10.0's......

To me, the black production line gives the cover of that ASM 77 definition .

I think this is where the concept of eye appeal really comes into play.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif What's the defect that knocked it down to 9.9?!?! I *DEMAND* to see the grader's notes!! 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.giftongue.gif

I didn't GRADE that FF, I only pre-screened it at QP 9.9 confused-smiley-013.gif

* next time include a BC scan..... makepoint.gif

To me, the black production line gives the cover of that ASM 77 definition .
I tend to agree. But are you also saying that the black line on the spine is 10.0 material too?With that in mind, give me the QP on this book:Thor124_small.jpg

Click for larger image