• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,033 posts in this topic

Very nice books! I was still 5 or 6 years away from existence when those books came out, otherwise I would have my own originally purchased copies.

Actually, that's not true, I routinely would accumulate a bunch of books and then sell them to a second-hand store after a time to recoup some funds. Eight year old me was NOT thinking big picture!

I have a small chip on my BB 28 5.0 but it's not as big as it is on that 5.5. Other than the chip on the 5.5, it has nice eye appeal. I don't get caught up in trying to call out CGC on their grading like others do...it doesn't fix anything.

On 9/27/2016 at 7:46 PM, JLA Brad said:

Actually, that's not true, I routinely would accumulate a bunch of books and then sell them to a second-hand store after a time to recoup some funds. Eight year old me was NOT thinking big picture!

Sad but true for me as well.

:tonofbricks:

Here's my own Justice League of America 1 which had visible colour touch on the lower right when I bought it more than twenty years ago:

(edited)_Justice_League_of_America_1.png

The defect grew to bother me so much over the years that about nine years ago I sent it to Susan Cicconi at the Restoration Lab to see what could be done. Well she returned it free of charge saying nothing could be done about the existence of the colour touch but it was no longer visible! Now I'm content with my copy.

:)

Edited by Hepcat

On 3/27/2024 at 12:58 PM, Hepcat said:

I sent it to Susan Cicconi at the Restoration Lab to see what could be done. Well she returned it free if charge saying nothing could be done about the existence of colour touch but it was no longer visible! Now I'm content with my copy.

Any idea what she did to make it "no longer visible?"

On 3/27/2024 at 12:58 PM, Hepcat said:

Here's my own Justice League of America 1 which had visible colour touch on the lower right when I bought it more than twenty years ago:

The defect grew to bother me so much over the years that I sent it to Susan Cicconi at the Restoration Lab to see what could be done. Well she returned it free if charge saying nothing could be done about the existence of colour touch but it was no longer visible! Now I'm content with my copy.

Great looking copy! A nice JLA #1 is still on my want list. 

On 3/23/2024 at 1:26 PM, Lee Enterprises said:

I've been slowly working on my JLA collection as nice books pop up. I love this cover. 

JLA 9 CGC 9.4.jpg

My very first comic.  It was coverless and I couldn't read but I soon had it memorized.  It had a missing centerfold that greatly effected the story but I still cherished it.

On 3/27/2024 at 5:58 PM, Hepcat said:

The defect grew to bother me so much over the years that about nine years ago I sent it to Susan Cicconi at the Restoration Lab to see what could be done. Well she returned it free of charge saying nothing could be done about the existence of the colour touch but it was no longer visible! Now I'm content with my copy.

Sorry im so blind to detect defect... but i see nothing... where is this colour touch?

It's in the black area at the lower right but when I got the comic back from Susan Cicconi it was no longer visible. I'm assuming she removed what she could and then made the remainder blend into the black of the cover. 

Edited by Hepcat