• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,033 posts in this topic

don't visit the Silver Age forum much, usually over in GA, I do agree we need more DC love in the Silver Age forum.

only have one SA JLA, it's only an 8.0, I believe JLA alltheway has the 9.6, which I hope he posts it 893crossfingers-thumb.gif would love to see it.

JusticeLeague63fc.jpg

Edited by thedude

I normally would not post a higher grade issue immediately following someone else's (it's called courtesy people!), but since Alton specifically asked for it:

cgcjla63-L.JPG

cgcjla63.JPG

Aquired this over 2 years ago from Vault auctions. Paid 20% more than I wanted...oh well. Slight mis-wrap, but it's even & less than 1/8, so no worries from me.

Plus, looks like dude's scan is better than mine. That's enough, time to break down & buy a better scanner. sumo.gif

Rick

Higher John.

You really think it only looks like an 8.5?

Rick

At first glance it looked to be a 9.0, then I peeked on the census too. I figured you got the copy with pro resto at 8.5 and not the amatuer resto 9.0.

John, what I got was an undisclosed resto book from MotorCity back in the day.

The CT is very minor; and if I ever become filthy rich (or the book's value sky-rockets), I'll have Matt or Susan remove the resto...if possible.

My only PLODs from this title (over 150 so far) are #3 & #6, so I consider myself fortunate. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Rick

I really hope that IF one of us has to move his JLAs, the 2 collections can become 1. It would be best, wouldn't it?

I agree wholeheartedly. So when are you going to sell your books to me? poke2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif...

insane.gif...

I figure one of 2 conditions must take place for one of us to budge:

1) Monetary need. It's safe to say you are currently in a much better financial position than me, so..... confused-smiley-013.gif

2) Loss of Desire. You've proven that you'll move your books (ie:Flash) when you feel the time i$ right. If a (good) JLA movie were to approach & people were offering exponential amounts -more dramatic than the Spidey craze- for our books, then I would consider it. But I don't see that happening soon, so... confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe we should combine our collections and display them at Geppi's Museum??

Rick

Aye carumba! All those 9.6/9.8 SA JLA's! All I can say is WOW! I don't have a lot of mine scanned in but I'll add a few different ones here.

jla74.jpg[/img]

jla75.jpg

Sorry for the smaller scans as these were prior to me going PRO with Photobucket.

I still remember what drew me into JLA at an early age was seeing all the heroes in one book. Guess I thought I was getting more "bang for my buck" or 35 cents. 27_laughing.gif As I grew older, some of the storylines no longer resonated with me, but I enjoyed them a lot when I was 12 - 14.

I normally would not post a higher grade issue immediately following someone else's (it's called courtesy people!), but since Alton specifically asked for it:

cgcjla63-L.JPG

cgcjla63.JPG

Aquired this over 2 years ago from Vault auctions. Paid 20% more than I wanted...oh well. Slight mis-wrap, but it's even & less than 1/8, so no worries from me.

Plus, looks like dude's scan is better than mine. That's enough, time to break down & buy a better scanner. sumo.gif

Rick

hey, thanks for posting your 9.6 copy, I've never seen it before,.. awesome copy, hail.gif

I'm happy with my "lowly" 8.0, I love that cover and I just wanted a "decent" copy and that's what I got, GA is my strongsuit and I only dabble in SA now and then, you guys rule the SA DC stuff, so this copy was good enough for me,...and hey, at least it's got white pages right ?? confused-smiley-013.gif

let's see some more JLA's headbang.gif

Jeez, we done already? Maybe Rick was right, there's not enough interest in JLAs on these boards to support a dedicated thread.

Anyways, while this thread is still semi-alive, I'll post a few other covers that haven't been shown yet.

JLA43.jpg

JLA44.jpg

JLA47.jpg

I've always liked the JLA #43 cover. It was one of the first I remember seeing in my very first visit to a comic shop in the late 70's. I believe I have 2 copies though my nicest is not as great shape as yours.

I should post more of my JLA's but I need to scan them in and haven't found the time yet.

Okaaay...

John72Tex started this thread, but it looks like it's up to me to keep it alive! (How narcisistic is that?)

Guess I'll start from the last year of the Silver Age 1969:

cgcjla69.JPG

WW quits the league in this ish.

Infantino swiped this cover for... Flash #324 I believe it was (during Barry's trial).

Also one of the last pre-goatee Green Arrow covers.

Rick

Okaaay...

John72Tex started this thread, but it looks like it's up to me to keep it alive! (How narcisistic is that?)

Yeah, given the deafening silence that greeted the scans I was putting up, there just didn't seem to be any reason to post more books.

Nice books, by the way! (thumbs u