• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,030 posts in this topic

Tim,

Been meaning to let you know -again- how impressed I am with your collection.

But as you can tell by my post count (<1500 in 5 years), I'm more into viewing than participating.

As for this JLA thread, I just wish there were the same amount of apathy for the books themselves. Then, even with you in the mix, I'd have a decent shot at completing my set(without selling the house)...before I myself get the ol' permanent slabbing treatment!

Rick

As for this JLA thread, I just wish there were the same amount of apathy for the books themselves.

Do you really think JLA prices are that strong? Compared to prices/multiples of early HG Flash and GL, I think JLAs are priced pretty reasonably (which is why I still collect the damn things). Particularly now that that Acesilver fellow is gone and not driving the multiples up anymore.

Then, even with you in the mix, I'd have a decent shot at completing my set(without selling the house)...before I myself get the ol' permanent slabbing treatment!

I'm gonna stay raw!

As for this JLA thread, I just wish there were the same amount of apathy for the books themselves.

Do you really think JLA prices are that strong? Compared to prices/multiples of early HG Flash and GL, I think JLAs are priced pretty reasonably (which is why I still collect the damn things). Particularly now that that Acesilver fellow is gone and not driving the multiples up anymore.

Of course everything's relative. But even if JLAs are still inexpensive compared to GLs & Flashes, it still takes serious dollar$ to aquire the early HGs.

At least to me it's serious money.. (shrug)

But don't worry Tim; I'll help keep propping up the values for ya! :gossip:

Rick

Sorry I haven't chimed in on this thread lately. I figured I would let other collectors show their books. Right now I'm trying to complete the first 20 to 30 issues of JLA, but haven't bought anything recently.

Sorry I haven't chimed in on this thread lately. I figured I would let other collectors show their books.

John, I was just (half)joking about keeping this thread alive. I've had it with my scanner, so more pics from me will be a lil while...but they will come.

Right now I'm trying to complete the first 20 to 30 issues of JLA, but haven't bought anything recently.

Tell ya what: you stay away from #'s 14 & 19, and I'll steer clear from #'s 4, 8, 11 & 18. Deal? :baiting:

Rick

OK, I'll add two of my favorite JLA issues to keep this thread going. I don't think these have been listed yet.

I've had this one a while, but just can't get enough of #31.

JLA31.jpg

Just picked this one up from Heritage. I haven't recieved it yet, but it's another one of my favorite covers.

JLA29.jpg

Don't have them scanned yet but just got a couple of new ones in yesterday, including a slabbed low grade B & B #30. :cloud9: You have to start somewhere. I'll try and post some scans later, I still suck at that. :frustrated:

OK, I'll add two of my favorite JLA issues to keep this thread going. I don't think these have been listed yet.

Just picked this one up from Heritage. I haven't recieved it yet, but it's another one of my favorite covers.

JLA29.jpg

Fantastic copy. One of my favorite details about the JLA/JSA crossover covers is that (to my eyes) Anderson used a lusher, more old-fashioned inking style on the JSA characters with a leaner, more modern style on the JLA characters.

Similar to his great Golden Age revival covers for Showcase and Brave and the Bold.

Jack

One of my faves too.

Looks like Atom is the only one who got off easy & didn't get "tore up."

Then again, Supes coulda crushed his skull, and you would never know it!

Rick

PS: And where is Wonder Woman in her trashed attire??? :devil:

What a rip.

One of my faves too.

Looks like Atom is the only one who got off easy & didn't get "tore up."

Then again, Supes coulda crushed his skull, and you would never know it!

Rick

PS: And where is Wonder Woman in her trashed attire??? :devil:

What a rip.

Well.. at least Aquaman took a beating (thumbs u