• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An ugly copy, but could this ASM 129 still be a 6.0?

17 posts in this topic

Should be a Fine at least.

Somewhere in between 5.5-6.5.

Don't worry about small miswraps. stooges.gif

Thank you, Aces! 27_laughing.gif

Unfortunately I'll never know the exact CGC grade as it would be very problematic and expensive for me to get it slabbed (I live in Italy). Anyway, I guess this is certainly not the kind of quality that would deserve a CGC check.

At this point, I think I'll list this book on the Marketplace forum (together with other ASM books, fortunately in better condition) to see if there is anyone interested in purchasing or flipping them. I also guess that I'll have to trust this person and ship the books before the payment, so there will be no risks for the possible buyer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyway, thanks to all for the help (you are great as always!)

Because it's square. Even if it's trimmed it's still miscut.

OG - is there any way to definitely rule out trimming? This of course is not to say that the book in question is trimmed, but as I stated in a post earlier this is my first forray into the grading and resto forums and I feel that I can grade okay but resto is a whole nother beast for me . . .

DAM

Because it's square. Even if it's trimmed it's still miscut.

OG - is there any way to definitely rule out trimming? This of course is not to say that the book in question is trimmed, but as I stated in a post earlier this is my first forray into the grading and resto forums and I feel that I can grade okay but resto is a whole nother beast for me . . .

DAM

No, it could be trimmed, but that's not what I'm saying (I'm brain dead right now so I'll do my best). I'm saying for sure it's a mis-cut. It may or may not be trimmed, but it's a miss-cut either way. I don't know if I'm making my point very well. confused-smiley-013.gif

I really hope it's not trimmed! shocked.gif

I purchased this book about 12 years ago in London from a reputable seller. Anyway, I just examined the edges using a linen tester, and there are no signs of cutting at all (and the edges are NOT even). I also compared it with other books from the same period, and size is the same, if not larger: 6 11/16" x 10 1/4" (17x26 cm)

Hey Hathor,

You got any old Topolino's? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hi Bronty!

I'm a great fan of "paperi" and "topi" universes (ducks and mouses smile.gif)

I own the complete works of Carl Barks, Taliaferro, Don Rosa and Jippes, just to name a few (this is a collection of about 200 comic books with 100 pages each!). I also love the best italian Disney authors (have you ever heard of Scarpa, De Vita and Carpi, for example? ).

As for the old Topolino's, do you need any specific information? I own a lot of them, so I'll be happy to help you!

Ciao,

Alex