• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any info on Marvel Comic's "Pussycat" magazine??
2 2

258 posts in this topic

Marvel Comics one-shot magazine "Pussycat" #1 was a compilation of short comics from various men's magazines.....anyone know if there is a list of where the original stories came from or if there are other "Pussycat" adventures not published in the Marvel comic one-shot but are still to be found in the orginal men's mags?

Here is a pic of the Marvel one-shot....

Pussycat.jpg

Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

I've got this and have just leafed through it (it's GREAT!!!) and it refreshed my memory... I did read somewhere about the origin of it's contents, but I can't recall where. I'll look into it. Now I want to know too...

If I'm not mistaken, Stan Lee also published men's magazines in the 60's and the Pussycat stories were published sporadically in Male magazine. I've looked for some kind of list or index but without success. Besides Pussycat #1, I have a Male Annual #3 from 1965 that has what looks like the first Pussycat story (but since this is an annual it might have been reprinted from an even earlier issue). I've seen one or two other issues of Male that had Pussycat stories that are not in the Marvel comic.

The entire run was reprinted over several issues in either Cartoon Laughs or Cartoon Jokes; both Curtis magazines. I forget which one but am pretty sure they were published in the early 1970's. 1973, I seem to recall . I know because I sold several of them last year on ebay. I had to flip through them to write the auction description and was very surprised to find them.

EDIT: I found one.

Laugh Parade, (Curtis/Magazine Management Co., Inc.)

Volume 12, #3, June 1972 - reprint of a 4-page story

"Pussycat - A Two-Round Knockout! (or Saved by the Belle!)"

Edited by llll

I'll go ahead and post this before it disappears.

It's the link to the ebay auction from above.

Jim Mooney 1970's PUSSYCAT Original Comic Art

4 PAGE COMPLETE STORY

This artwork was created by Jim Mooney in the early 1970's.

The pasted on "PUSSYCAT" title has some tearing.

Otherwise, all the pages are in overall excellent condition with no rips or tears.

This is a complete, four-page story.

Winning bid: $1,691.99 + shipping

pcat2.jpg

pcat1.jpg

pcat3.jpg

pcat4.jpg

pcat5.jpg

Here's another ebay auction. Winning bid: $51.57 + $4.50 shipping

Jim Mooney "Pussycat" comic proofs/tear sheet lot 120+

This is a lot of 120 or so Jim Mooney comic proofs or tear sheets, all featuring "Pussycat."

The comics are a little suggestive. Each page has been carefully placed in acetate sleeves.

Each sleeve (there are 40) has comic sheets on each side;

and in some case, more than one page on each side.

There is the occasional ad in with this set which dates all of the pages from the mid-1970s.

The pages are in excellent condition and have not been handled.

The edges are straight - they were not torn out of a book.

f364_1.jpg

f4d4_1.jpg

15fd_1.jpg