• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic related animated gif. help for web page!

66 posts in this topic

hi.gif I just made a simple gif. of cosmic-spider-man for my web page and I hosted it on photobucket but for some reason it only runs once then stops. confused-smiley-013.gif When I made it I thought it would continue to loop. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif What I am wondering are their any HTML tags I can add to the code to make it loop and maybe make the background transparent? If not how can I do that, as I don't want to spend hours on it making it look nice if it won't do what I want it to do crazy.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif Can any of you web savey guys help me out. hail.gif

CSM2.gif

any freebie animated gif program can allow you to specify how many times to loop, or infinite...there's also a bit within the gif for transparency...and what color to use.

CSM2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif Wow nice did you use a freebie animated gif program on this and if so which one did you use? I made the origianl gif. on a gamemaker program and when I looked at the preview it did continue to loop and it also had a check box for transparent background which I did check but when I saved it and loaded it on photobucket it did not work. confused-smiley-013.gif I guess I need a different program to make them on? Can you remove that pause in the animation or change the speed?

cool.gifThanks; Terry

Send me the pics and files I will see if I get some free time for ya. thumbsup2.gif

hi.gif Thanks for your offer richnerd I really appreciate that, but I really don't want to put you out and I would much rather learn how to do it myself. But on the other hand if you still want my pics and files to just mess around with I would be happy to email them to you just let me know. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks; Terry

Photo bucket may strip out the other images---it's possible that they don't allow animated gifs. Also, if you edit an animated gif with a regular graphics program that doesn't understand animated gifs it will in effect be stripped of the other pics and other features animated gifs provide.

Try this site for cool freeware/shareware programs

Freeware=totally free;don't expect support

shareware=functional program, should pay fee to developer if you use it

tryware=software you can try that imposes restrictions, must pay to receive code that will unlock features for full functionality;typically used by commercial products

Its not photobucket as I use animated .gifs hosted on there all the time. Just so you know.

Yea send me the files I have an idea and if it turns out the way I see it in my head you may just like it. thumbsup2.gif

Rich

Try this site for cool freeware/shareware programs

Freeware=totally free;don't expect support

shareware=functional program, should pay fee to developer if you use it

tryware=software you can try that imposes restrictions, must pay to receive code that will unlock features for full functionality;typically used by commercial products

gossip.gif Can anyone recomend a Free animator that works good and is easy to use. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I downloaded Animator9 3.6 but have not been able to figure it out yet, anyone try this one gossip.gif.

Thanks; Terry

Terry,

Here is one I played with before. It's not free but is shareware. They have tutorials on how to use it too.

easyanimate

If I find the other ones i've tried I will pot them here.

That looks great Rich. Say, I'm looking for a program like

this for my Mac OSX (I see they have only PC requirements listed)

If you would, could you recommend something like this for MAC OSX?

Sorry for the interruption Terry. shy.gif

MAC OSX

Macromedia Fireworks for the light stuff

Macromedia Flash for the massive stuff

thumbsup2.gif

My favorite picks for all operating systems. Love my Flash.

But are you looking for Freeware also?

MAC OSX

Macromedia Fireworks for the light stuff

Macromedia Flash for the massive stuff

thumbsup2.gif

My favorite picks for all operating systems. Love my Flash.

But are you looking for Freeware also?

Yes, if possible.

I use to use Pixen when I was doing all Mac work for video game images and Icons. Its free..Check it out.... Pixen