• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much should I be prepared to spend for Avengers #4?

3 posts in this topic

I normally don't tread in the Silver Age part of these boards, but I felt that this was the most appropriate place to ask the question I'd like an answer to.

I am a pretty huge Captain America fan, and I feel that as such, I should have a copy of The Avengers #4 in my collection.

Down the road, within the next year or so, I would like to have a cgc graded copy within my possession.

I would be looking for a copy within the 3.5 - 7.5 range, but I am not really sure what kind of prices that this book commands when it is slabbed vs. raw.

Ideally, I would prefer a 7.5 cgc blue label, but I realize that a book of that kind of grade would probably be out of my price range, thus in the end, if I can afford no better, I would settle for a 3.5.

How much should I expect or be willing to pay for a copy of this book? Do I run a huge risk if I try to pursue a raw copy and then get it slabbed, or should I just purchase an already slabbed copy?

For a book like this, you may ask how much I'm willing to spend. The amount I'm willing to spend will really depend on how much money it takes to get a copy of a grade that I would be satisfied with.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Guide Prices...

2.0 - $136, 4.0 - $272, 6.0 - $408, 8.0 - $570

I'm pretty sure (but not absolutely sure) the book is selling for guide. If you can get it for less, great.

Guide says 8.0 is $1156,I think you were looking at the 8.0 price for Avengers #2.............. (thumbs u