CGC Announces Third Annual In-House Private Signing Event with Renowned Comic Book Artist J. Scott Campbell
Posted on 6/17/2022
CGC is excited to announce our third annual Private Signing event with the talented comic book artist J. Scott Campbell! Without a doubt, Campbell is one of the industry’s finest and most sought-after cover artists with a versatile and unique style that has brought many of Marvel and DC’s most iconic characters to life.
In addition to his iconic work for Marvel and DC, he co-founded the Cliffhanger imprint as part of Wildstorm Productions, has worked side by side with Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead and Oblivion Song) and Todd McFarlane (Spawn and Spawn’s Universe) and other acclaimed artists and writers. J. Scott has recently created the sought-after X-Men #1 variant featuring Rogue and the popular selection of artist exclusive variants for the first issue of the Amazing Spider-Man relaunch. J. Scott is currently working on a series of Marvel cover artwork celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the universe created by Stan Lee.
“The CGC Signature Series team is thrilled to welcome back J. Scott Campbell for another In-House Private Signing event,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “He is an incredibly talented artist who fans absolutely love. We’re thrilled to have him join us for another amazing signing opportunity for his fans!”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, September 2, 2022.
If the In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After J. Scott signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for J. Scott Campbell is $90 per item and includes:
- J. Scott Campbell’s signature ($40)
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
J. SCOTT CAMPBELL, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to J. SCOTT CAMPBELL under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write JSC on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, September 2, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, September 2, 2022.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!