CGC Announces Major Signings at San Diego Comic-Con
Posted on 6/27/2022
San Diego Comic-Con is almost here and CGC is pulling out all the stops to make this year the biggest and best one yet. We've put together an array of private signings featuring some of the biggest names in the industry including Frank Miller, J. Scott Campbell, Marc Silvestri, Donny Cates, Ryan Ottley, Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo, Jonathan Hickman, Tom Taylor, Bruno Redondo, Daniel Sampere, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, Regie Simmons and Doug Bratton. Several of these creators are either international or they rarely do CGC signings, so we highly encourage fans not to miss out on their chance to get signatures or Remarques from these comic book icons.
By submitting your books through CGC for these signings, you can save yourself time and trouble at the show. Simply fill out a submission form and drop your books off at the CGC Booth #901 or the Signature Series Booth #4315, and we will take care of the rest. Customers can start filling out their submission forms on Monday before the show. It is encouraged that customers planning to submit do their paperwork in advance for even easier and quicker service at the show.
If you’re looking to get books signed by any of these incredible creators, all submissions must be dropped off at the CGC Booth #901 or Signature Series Booth #4315 at the convention by the end of the day on Saturday, July 23. See all options and pricing details below.
*Submitters may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.
After the creators sign the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
For this CGC SDCC 2022 Special Signing event, you MUST submit books in-person at the CGC Booth #901 or Signature Series Booth #4315 at SDCC 2022. Free and paid members can submit for these signings. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and select the artist.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to the artist under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Books will be received into the CGC system once they arrive back at CGC headquarters after the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are received, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received at the CGC Booth #901 or Signature Series Booth #4315 at SDCC 2022 by the end of the show Saturday, July 23, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Saturday, July 23, 2022.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!