CGC Announces Special Drop-off Signing with J. Scott Campbell at San Diego Comic-Con!
Posted on 7/12/2023
CGC is excited to announce that we will be hosting a signing with J. Scott Campbell at SDCC 2023. All submissions must be dropped off at the CGC Booth #901 or the Signature Series Booth #4315 at the convention by the end of the day on Saturday, July 22.
In addition to his iconic work for Marvel and DC, he co-founded the Cliffhanger imprint as part of WildStorm Productions and has worked side-by-side with Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead and Oblivion Song), Todd McFarlane (Spawn and Spawn’s Universe), and other acclaimed creators. His artwork has most recently been seen on a series of Marvel variant covers celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the universe created by Stan Lee, Mary Jane and Black Cat retail variants, Batman Spawn #1 Special, Harley Quinn's 30th Anniversary Special, and WildStorm's 30th Anniversary Special featuring Fairchild.
IMPORTANT: J. Scott will not be signing homage or parody covers of his work. Such submissions will be returned ungraded with a refund of the signing and grading fees.
For this event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, must submit books in-person at the CGC booth #901 or the Signature Series Booth #4315 at SDCC 2023 by the end of the day on Saturday, July 22. Please do not mail in any collectibles for this signing.
The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for J. Scott Campbell is $100 per item and includes:
- J. Scott Campbell’s signature ($40)
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CGC pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CGC pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
After J. Scott signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CGC pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
For this CGC SDCC 2023 Special Signing event, you MUST submit books in-person at the CGC Booth #901 or the Signature Series Booth #4315 at SDCC 2023 with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and select the artist.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to J. SCOTT CAMPBELL under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received at the CGC Booth #901 or the Signature Series Booth #4315 at SDCC 2023 by the end of the show Saturday, July 22, 2023, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Saturday, July 22, 2023. Please do not mail in any collectibles for this signing.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
***Marker color requests are welcome, but not guaranteed. Marker color choice and signature placement is at the final discretion of the signer.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!