CGC Welcomes Comic Book Illustrator Dave Johnson for a Private Signing Event
Posted on 6/24/2021
CGC is stoked to announce an exciting Private Signing event with award-winning comic book artist Dave Johnson! Best known for his illustrated covers for the noir Vertigo series, 100 Bullets and Superpatriot: Liberty & Justice, Johnson earned the 2002 Eisner Award for Best Cover Artist and was also nominated in 2004 for his work on the critically acclaimed DC Elseworlds miniseries Superman: Red Son.
Johnson began his career working for Comico on the title Robotech. He later began working with Dark Horse Comics on The Web, and his first official DC Comic was The Demon. His illustrations have graced many other notable titles such as Wonder Woman, The Spectre, and R.E.B.E.L.S. In addition, he has also worked on Batman and Detective Comics and has done work on Deadpool for Marvel.
“We are so excited to announce this exclusive Private Signing event, and we cannot wait to welcome Dave Johnson,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Dave is a fantastic artist who has fans from all over the world in addition to top tier awards and a cult following.”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, July 30, 2021.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Johnson signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Dave Johnson is $60 per item and includes:
- Dave Johnson’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
DAVE JOHNSON, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to DAVE JOHNSON under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write DJ on all sides of the outside of the box.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, July 30, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, July 30, 2021.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!