All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I'd say Wonder Woman is the more "cinematic" of the two films, with its slow motion action scenes, dramatic lighting, classic period setting, and being a more stand-alone movie. Captain Marvel, on the other hand, certainly looks like a trademark MCU movie, with the flatter lighting, connection to other movies, and most importantly, humor. But Captain Marvel, like most MCU movies, is also more of a character movie, which is really the strength of the MCU, imo. Carol Danvers has a stronger personality than Diana ( I feel some may argue about that). In general, If you compare the personalities of all the Marvel characters to DC, Marvel has stronger personalities overall. I think this is so because for Marvel/Disney, the character is more important than the movie itself, as its the characters we follow around from movie to movie. It's also in Marvel's DNA. Stan Lee revolutionized comics by making the ordinary person behind the mask or the shield, the most important element of the story i.e. Peter Parker.
  3. Out of respect to the seller, I wouldn't say he was shilling the auction, all I suggest is that when you're setting a max price that's where it should stay. It's up to me to decide whether I should accept the second chance offer or not. Had I watched the auction unfold and actively bidding at the time I might have gotten carried away and keep bidding higher
  4. My theory on what makes a hit show... 1. Action (check) 2. A good story/concept/idea (check) 3. Nudity (check?) ***The trailer looked fantastic
  5. The guy just shouldn't have made a definitive claim of it being "unrestored." I don't blame the guy for not catching the restoration, he just shouldn't have advertised what he didn't know.
  6. There's a few colour breaking spine ticks, plus a long and smaller cb creases bottom right corner , that corner also looks quite soft too. everything else will come out in a press, but I still think you'll be in the fine range at best.
  7. I have used such services myself but I do get a real high with that last second bid. Plus you’re sure to win many auctions because when you snipe budgets be da mned.
  8. Silver Age DC fan, sense of humour, a science nerd I can't begin to compete with. Hope he returns.
  9. How sure are you that the seller didn't have a snipe program himself with a buy price of say $1,000 (or whatever) in order to draw out the highest bid and then simply offer the book back to the "real" highest bidder at his max price?
  10. Here's the deal. If people complain about "snipping" in the first place, then a snipping software, is basically just cheating. You're not even the one bidding. I'm cool with it, I just prefer to bid with honor.
  11. So not really a garage pickup or comic related but thought this was cool. While I was pulling up to the gas station yesterday I saw this sitting outside the 7/11.. Excellent condition, wheels are all functional, just need a little clean up at the base. No rust or spots
  12. That's true, many times I've seen, say 6:00 pm, only to realize at 6 EST there was a PDT next to it, and the auction was over.
  13. Nice result, glad it turned out better than we thought!
  14. I was debating 6.5, but decided against due to the rubbing in the centre>
  15. Hard to compare the two films straight up. Wonder Woman had far more name recognition coming in, but the film overall wasn't as good as Captain Marvel. Yet there's nothing in Captain Marvel as good as that battlefield scene in Wonder Woman. Certainly the more surprising film is Captain Marvel. If we were taking bets as to which film would outperform the other five years ago the vast majority of us would have picked Wonder Woman.
  16. Does this figure include their original artwork or is this just the figure for their comic books sales only? From their auction catalogues, it would appear that Heritage probably generates more from their OA sales, as opposed to their comic book sales.
  17. That China Box Office impact definitely had an impact with this taking off much more. Assumptions there this is all kids jokes and limited action (Third Act is not limited) caused quite the dud reaction.
  18. Yep, one ok, funny guy! Anything occur before the vacation to make him stay away?
  19. Picked up about a 3.0 FF 66 for a pretty good price of $12.70, just in case Endgame tries to do something w/ Adam Warlock.
  20. Here is a perfect example as to why you want to "set & forget": i set up my snipe program for 25$ and forgot about it. Apperantly I lost that auction but moments later the seller gave me a 2nd chance at my asking bid of $25
  21. https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2018a.htm https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=wonderwoman.htm "Higher, Further, Faster!"
  1. Load more activity