All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Hawaii point is interesting. I bet they were distributed there for purposes of being sold to servicemen. I wonder if other strategic military outposts outside the US similarly had Action 1's sold there.
  3. This is one of the more interesting auctions in recent times fo me. Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman 1, all unrestored Amazing group of Marvel Mystery Amazing group of Captain America A little Neal Adams Amazing group of Peanuts dailies and one Sunday Jim Aparo Batman cover GA Batman panel page Romita early Mary Jane panel page 3 decent Watchman pages Avengers 3 page Several nice Byrne pages Ton of DC covers and splashes X--men double splash Barry Smith Conan cover Oh yeah and two Frazetta painting and some sketches.
  4. I would leave it alone. It looks like there may be artwork underneath.
  5. My pick to succeed Craig was Richard Armitage, but, like Elba, he's no longer young enough to carry the franchise forward. I think Fassbender could pull it off admirably, but, he hasn't shown any interest in doing so. I'll keep an open mind on Turner (Poldark), but, a skinny pretty boy would not be my first choice for the role (same would apply to Hiddleston and other mooted candidates). Hard pass on Cillian Murphy. I don't see Hemsworth or Henry Cavill in the role, personally.
  6. Thank you both for the responses. You can see the page in question here. This is not a piece with any historical significance, just one from a favorite GL story. You can see tape in multiple places, and I know from other pieces that this was done on multiple pages in the storyline. It’s original, which is interesting from a process perspective, but also means it’s been there for about 21 years now. My concern is not so much about presentation as preservation. It’s not an expensive piece, but I would hate to buy it, let the tape sit, and have irreparable damage done to a great page. It’s not something I would probably try to remove myself (unless it’s just barely hanging on), but I am interested to know what long term effects can be expected from late-‘90s scotch tape on comic art. Maybe they make it better than they used to. Tape/adhesives are not in my realm of expertise.
  7. Just curious if it was comicsketchart.com cause I'm waiting to do it through them too, and I was wondering if I had missed it?
  8. I will take a stab at this one. The book is in VF/NM condition without the defect, probably 8-8.5. I would grade down about one full point for the defect bringing it down to a 7.0 maybe 7.5. It is an unusual defect, looks to be about the width of a strip of tape? Are you telling us that there is still something glued there? Or just that it appears that something was glued there?
  9. You just have to dig. Email people on CAF. Watch the auction sites. Most of the people who have them aren’t letting go. (And - like me - are usually looking for more.)
  10. Yeah, this theory has been proposed by non-Bond fans to justify why Bond can be played by a different race or gender. A character can always be reinvented - if people want to do that, they should just own up to it, because this theory doesn't hold water. James Bond is not a codename. Bond is a family name, well established in the novels and films. His gender, ethnicity, general appearance and background are all solidly established. If Bond is a codename, why does Lazenby become Bond and then Connery come back? Why does Connery avenge Tracy's death if it was Lazenby Bond's wife? Why does Moore Bond visit Tracy's grave? Why is Bond recognized around the world by people he knew years ago if the faces keep changing? Who are Andrew Bond and Monique Delacroix? What is Skyfall? The theory makes no sense on any level.
  11. Vic & Blood #1 CGC 9.6 s/s Harlan Ellison - $725 Very tough to find in any sort of HG, and only 5 cps graded overall on census---this is the lone 2nd highest copy, only one higher.
  12. Does the store give you a copy of the submission form when you submit thru them (I've never done it like that)? If yes, does it say Fast Track? Can the store show you, on a computer, the Status? Does it say Fast Track? (I suppose the store can also give you a printout of a screenshot of the Status page.) Maybe the store can give you the invoice number & you can just call CGC. VFT is roughly 2 1/2 months (Con season).
  13. Jussie Smollett. I mean the guy can get out of any sticky situation....
  14. Gorgeous books. I don’t think Carmine Infantino ever produced a cover that was less than excellent. I was thrilled to find an autographed copy of “The Amazing World of Carmine Infantino” at my LCS for 10 bucks last week.
  15. I think Sony understands they need Marvel Studios at this point to really make Peter Parker’s story work. They can’t reboot the character a fourth time. And I think Disney understands they still need Spider-Man to be part of their universe. I think they’ll make something work going forward.
  16. ... to a self shooting death
  17. Jean Grey #1 (J. Scott Campbell cover A) CGC 9.8 s/s actress Famke Janssen - $135 two cps available
  1. Load more activity