All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Gary Numan - Are Friends Electric?
  3. Fingers crossed there's no water around to throw her in... ..
  4. I'm freaking out right now. I took home my CGC witnessed bag of comics. I'm submitting it at the show tomorrow with another witnessed comic. I noticed in the blue label on the top of the bag, it says Void Message Indicates Tampering. Is this a declarative statement? Or did this appear somehow because something on the blue label sensed that I damaged the bag? Why does it say, “Void message indicates tampering”? Is this always on the blue label on the CGC witness bag? Or did it appear because the bag was somehow damaged? I’ve been trying very hard to keep in safe. It’s been in a tote bag in my book-bag. I took it home with me because I didn't have every book that I was submitting at the con this weekend witnessed yet.
  5. And that finally does it for my Friday purchases! I won't be on the showfloor tomorrow, but will be at the Charity Art Auction in the evening. I'll be back on the showfloor on Sunday in case there are any scraps that people want me to fight for. I'll finish up the night replying to everyone's PMs, then maybe sneak in a few races in Mario Kart Tour... then it's finally time for bed.
  6. $30 - Wolverine #1 (Suayan Hulk 304 C2E2 Exclusive) Copy A $30 - Wolverine #1 (Suayan Hulk 304 C2E2 Exclusive) Copy B $30 - Wolverine #1 (Suayan Hulk 304 C2E2 Exclusive) Copy C $30 - Wolverine #1 (Suayan Hulk 304 C2E2 Exclusive) Copy D $30 - Wolverine #1 (Suayan Hulk 304 C2E2 Exclusive) Copy E $30 - Wolverine #1 (Suayan Hulk 304 C2E2 Exclusive) Copy F $30 - Wolverine #1 (Suayan Hulk 304 C2E2 Exclusive) Copy G
  7. $20 - Wolverine #1 (Parel C2E2 Exclusive) Copy A $20 - Wolverine #1 (Parel C2E2 Exclusive) Copy B $20 - Wolverine #1 (Parel C2E2 Exclusive) Copy C $20 - Wolverine #1 (Parel C2E2 Exclusive) Copy D $20 - Wolverine #1 (Parel C2E2 Exclusive) Copy E $20 - Wolverine #1 (Parel C2E2 Exclusive) Copy F $20 - Wolverine #1 (Parel C2E2 Exclusive) Copy G
  8. And now for a couple books that contributed to me going broke at this year's show. I knew with the new Wolverine #1 being released that there would be a lot of variants released at C2E2. These next two I picked up a couple stacks. Many will go into my personal collection. Whatever doesn't sell will go to my personal collection. What's frustrating about these books are that oversized Marvels are very prone to corner bindery tears. Marvel just doesn't seem to care that every single book has a rip. I picked up the absolute best copies I could find, but this print run was a mess! Unless a book gets printed with special cover stock (like the Fluorescent variant), you're gonna have to deal with a book that has a small tear. One last thing on this... in my experience, CGC tends to look away when it comes to these types of tears that are common on specific books. They did so on the Death of Wolverine series and others have reported similar oversized comics as well (again, crappy cover stock by Marvel). I personally would not submit these for grading, but YMMV. My own personal grade on these is NM and no higher.
  9. All are NM+, but Copy F has a small line/amount of ink transfer in the corner box, hence the discount. $15 - X-Men #7 (Days of Future Past C2E2 Exclusive) Copy A $15 - X-Men #7 (Days of Future Past C2E2 Exclusive) Copy B $15 - X-Men #7 (Days of Future Past C2E2 Exclusive) Copy C $15 - X-Men #7 (Days of Future Past C2E2 Exclusive) Copy D $15 - X-Men #7 (Days of Future Past C2E2 Exclusive) Copy E $12 - X-Men #7 (Days of Future Past C2E2 Exclusive) Copy F All NM+
  10. $40 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Hellfire Club Exclusive) Copy A $40 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Hellfire Club Exclusive) Copy B $40 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Hellfire Club Exclusive) Copy C $40 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Hellfire Club Exclusive) Copy D $40 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Hellfire Club Exclusive) Copy E $40 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Hellfire Club Exclusive) Copy F NM+
  11. Last batch coming up... $25 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Cosplay Exclusive) Copy A $25 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Cosplay Exclusive) Copy B $25 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Cosplay Exclusive) Copy C $25 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Cosplay Exclusive) Copy D $25 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Cosplay Exclusive) Copy E $25 - Giant Size X-Men: Jean Grey & Emma Frost #1 (C2E2 Cosplay Exclusive) Copy F NM+ (Limited to 3000)
  12. We are at the airport to fly back home to LA. It’s eerily quiet here; looks like a half full flight if that. We got into the Tokyo Disney Seas park yesterday and they announced they will be shutting down for two weeks. This morning the place was a ghost town; here’s a sight few will ever see. Take a look at the duck thread for some pictures of the Scrooge McDuck Department store. Anyway, you mentioned Godzilla earlier and here at the Haneda airport they had a little toy store with a mother lode of Godzilla items. My favorite was the little bank where Godzilla grabs your coins! There were other shelves filled with Godzilla goodies too!
  13. Today
  14. No. Not any more than what we've seen over the last year or so, certain books that skyrocketed up in price due to movie hype falling back down to earth once movie driven demand cooled off. (books like X-Men 101, X-Factor 6, Ms. Marvel 1, MSH 13. MSH 18, TTA 13, etc. and many more come to mind). On a whole, the hobby will prosper as investors, once gung-ho on the ever rising stock market index become skittish, once they experience their first losses, get out, and look elsewhere for a haven safer from investing in a market where unforseen circumstances beyond human control can decimate their 401K and/or investment portfolio. Plus the comics are fun. A lot more fun looking at something you owned and cherished as a child than a share in something you can't see and hold. People need to put the money someplace and one of those areas falters, and that faction of money become leery, they look for other areas. The comic hobby will benefit, as will other collectible areas from this bear run on the market.
  15. OK... I'm at the two thirds mark here, though the rest of the books should go a bit faster as I have multiple copies. Back to scanning...
  16. $125 - Vampirella #8 (Carla Cohen C2E2 Exclusive) COA #18/150 ON HOLD $125 - Vampirella #8 (Carla Cohen C2E2 Exclusive) COA #29/150 NM+ Again, spots on the cover are from my scanner and are not on the book itself.
  17. $80 - Vampirella #8 (Lucio Parrillo C2E2 Exclusive) COA #165/300 NM+
  18. Cheapest one currently listed online. $80 - Harley Quinn: Year of the Villain #1 (Parrillo Classic Costume, Convention Exclusive) NM+
  19. I wouldn't be surprised if this issue sold out. There didn't seem to be many left available by the end of the day when I picked these up. $40 - Godkillers #1 (C2E2 Virgin Exclusive) Copy A $40 - Godkillers #1 (C2E2 Virgin Exclusive) Copy B NM+
  20. Aftershock had the hit of last year's show with Dark Red #1. I decided to pick up two of their other titles that are both promising and C2E2 Exclusives. $40 - Undone by Blood or the Shadow of a Wanted Man #1 (C2E2 Virgin Exclusive) Copy A $40 - Undone by Blood or the Shadow of a Wanted Man #1 (C2E2 Virgin Exclusive) Copy B $40 - Undone by Blood or the Shadow of a Wanted Man #1 (C2E2 Virgin Exclusive) Copy C NM+
  1. Load more activity