All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. i just think it's neat that the idea of The Tick, came about because of a role-playing game called Marvel Superheroes... "which wasn't a badly-designed game, but it also kind of took the veil off of superheroes, in a sense. You'd have to take all of their abilities and all of their strengths and weaknesses and kind of itemize them, and it began a process of breaking down superheroes and seeing what was mythic and clever about them, and also what was kind of naive, even sometimes dumb about them, which really started to get me into the direction of superhero parody, which is of course where The Tick began." Begun as a spec strip, Tick's true origin was as a joke during a role-playing game session amongst Ben's friends. Intrigued by the character that he jokingly made up, he began to think and draw him out as "an unstoppable, uncrushable, and somehow deeply disconnected goofball that fell from the sky." Not long after, the artist was beginning to feel confident in his work and drew some superhero samples with the hope of procuring some paying work. He showed them to art director Bob Polio and comic store owner/publisher George Suarez of NEC, who were impressed enough to call him back for a potential comic book they were developing. With college starting and the -script to the comic arriving super-late, Ben realistically pondered on the opportunity when Suarez asked him to create a book based on his Tick strip instead. Excited with this offer, he worked on the first issue and developed the character more during his freshman (and part of his sophomore) year at Massachusetts College of Art, where he wanted to study film.
  3. Oh wow. Had no idea a coverless would have so many takers at or close to 100k. I stand corrected
  4. I keep thinking someone will remove the temptation of these wonderful Atlas war books, ...
  5. Hey Comicdey, How about 150.00 for the paper? LMK Thanks man ☺️👍
  6. People are buying trades nowadays. My lcs is stocks $10k+ in tpb’s. Times are changing. All I have to do to read the entire Infinity Gauntlet story arc right now is to maximize my Marvel Unlimited tab and have at it. The story is alive, it’s just being digested in a different way.
  7. who knows? there was no internet back then, so leaked photos, or studio promotion images weren't as easy to see as today. But there could have been crossover between movie people and comics artists, and Adams may have been made aware of "that" look or seen sketches. (quite a few comics artists WERE hired as sketch artists for movies around then) Neil was always good at using reference in his work. I once believed he could draw from his head like photographic memory, truth is after years of commercial artwork assignments (storyboards etc) he learned how to draw stuff from years of using reference materials. Who knows what magazines he had in his photo morgue! Theres absolutely nothing wrong with it!
  8. Everyone knows it's WINDY.....
  9. Just think abt the first issue 9.9 of that!!!!
  10. All my books are mint. One could say they were never touched by human hands and we're bagged and boarded and hoarded at time of purchase by my great grandfather that bought multiple copies of x-Force 1 and now I inherited. Isn't that the grade some use on E-Bay today 😜🤪
  11. Hello, Looking for a Centered, White, Newsstand, 9.8 copy of the comic above. PM offers. Thx!
  12. It takes the eye of an eagle and the heart of a dandylion-
  13. It takes an eagle eye, to spot a 9.9 candidate-
  1. Load more activity