All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I have a feeling that Metallica would be poor at writing/performing pop music...
  3. U2 and Led Zeppelin and a number of other bands did that. I think it was largely a reaction to the Beatles' unfortunate way of assigning credit.
  4. Bingo! Thank you so much my friend!
  5. Ahem... They probably wouldn't have flops if they gave their directors artistic freedom.
  6. There are many great writers who never write anything great outside of their chosen medium. In fact, the number of book authors who write great movies is very very small. So too with tv writers. And there are a lot of great playwrites and -script writers who can't write a book. So this is not an argument that works for me. Comic book writing is its own art form. Being a great comic writer is cause for celebration. Comic writers do not need to cross-over before they can be celebrated.
  7. I wasn't saying you shouldn't have answered, as I posted I didn't think the answer would be yes, my post was a reference to the 2011 WorldPay overcharging incident (another Link here)which was poked fun at for awhile after.
  8. NG 0.5 1.0 1.5 1.5 1.8 2.0 2.5 3.0 3.5 4.0 4.5 5.0 5.5 6.0 6.5 7.0 7.5 8.0 8.5 9.0 9.2 9.4 9.6 9.8 9.9..........I'm in!
  9. These remainders are actually in much better shape than the ones with water damage. (TALES FROM THE CRYPT #20 October/November 1950)
  10. Pretty sure your stuff is Received only once. Your next step is SFG.here is what the definitions read: Received / CCS The submission has arrived at CGC. The enclosed collectibles have been counted and entered in CGC’s computer system along with the submitter information, submission date and requested service. If there are multiple tiers of service, the collectibles have been separated by tier of service. In the next step, a detailed description of each collectible will be entered in CGC’s computer system (a process commonly called “verification”). The collectibles will be separated from any paperwork that would identify the submitter and the submission will be prepared for grading. If CCS services were requested, the submission will be routed to CCS and the CCS services will be completed first. Good luck!
  11. This is the 1st year I have the CGC premium account set on "auto-renewal", hope everything goes smoothly I won't be charged for a couple of months still though...
  12. Can anyone help me identify that golden age comic book issue where there is a young teenage boy in bed dreaming of comics? It's a classic cover. Thanks for the help.
  13. You asked if it was processed through Worldplay and I answered your question...
  14. I was curious to click that link as well, but alas I am at work right now ...
  15. MCU seems to be strip mining its catalog of characters.Morbius, Moon Knight, She Hulk, Ghost Rider, etc are just a few examples. What do you think are possible potential characters or just characters you would love to see? I would love to see DEATHSTROK done right. Also some favs that would be cool to see is ELECTRA, PALADIN,MAN WOLF and FOOL KILLER.
  16. If I have to pick... my Top 10 Vampirella covers in no particular order are: 1, 5, 19, 21, 36, 78, 82, 85, 103, Vampirella Special
  17. Spec drek flippers, so-called "investors", etc. Usually - not always - the brainless ones. I will concede that newer collectors may be drawn to a story based on whether a movie they enjoyed was inspired by a certain run. Like Thor: Love and Thunder may attract people to the Lady Thor runs (although they're garbage IMO).
  18. The part of this ball point sketch that I keep staring at is Thor's boot's...tongue, I guess? That slashing diagonal line of shading is divided into two sections to indicate that the fabric is bending, which is pretty advanced for a forgery...unless it's copying something Jack did that all the time. Which he didn't. I've been combing over Thor pencil pieces and he seems to have done the shading on this part of the costume every which way, horizontal, vertical, etc. So...I dunno.
  19. I mean who is actually buying these books? It can't be collector's since we are notorious for paying as little as we possibly can so who it it?
  20. I admit, I just came in here and saw the last few posts. Pardons for not getting all the context. I will back out of here slowly now... -slym
  1. Load more activity