• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

finally got a copy of this book and it's worthy of appreciation!

jim83_zpsvv46jrvg.jpg

many thanks to filter81 for an easy christmas transaction and bulletproof packaging that saved the book from a close call with the gorillas in the mailroom!

:applause:

These books are so under appreciated. The covers are every bit as good as Strange Tales, Tales of Suspense, and Tales to Astonish!

XU9hv54h.jpg

i just picked up a lower grade copy, but this is just beautiful!

That really is a very nice copy for a 4.5. Looks like the cover is mostly devoid of creasing does need a better scan though.

I have always favored the rainbow bridge cover of JIM 88 but its easy to see why this cover is so iconic and thought of as the best in the run by many.

When i buy a new book i often copy the scan from the site it was listed on. Saves a lot of work. Bought this copy from worldwide a few years ago:

JIM_89_70.jpg

Thanks @KirbyJack for bringing this thread back -- I didn't even know it existed.  JIM is one of my absolute favorites.  I am still in search of a #83, but I have managed to assemble #84-#125 and the annual, with only a handful below my target grade that have me still keeping an eye out.  I've also picked up a bunch of the pre-hero books with a long-term goal of filling in #49-82.

Thor's run on JIM -- especially the early end, prior to issue #110 or so -- is notoriously tough to fill in, even as compared to other SA Marvel titles.  Is there a particular reason for this, like a lower print run?

32 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thanks @KirbyJack for bringing this thread back -- I didn't even know it existed.  JIM is one of my absolute favorites.  I am still in search of a #83, but I have managed to assemble #84-#125 and the annual, with only a handful below my target grade that have me still keeping an eye out.  I've also picked up a bunch of the pre-hero books with a long-term goal of filling in #49-82.

Thor's run on JIM -- especially the early end, prior to issue #110 or so -- is notoriously tough to fill in, even as compared to other SA Marvel titles.  Is there a particular reason for this, like a lower print run?

Impressive assembly! 

Wish I knew why those early JIMs are so tough. I hope it’s not related to why these Thor-centric threads get so little love!