• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
9 9

1,835 posts in this topic

A sweet book that I've pined after for the last year and finally pulled the trigger on:

JIM93.jpg

You blow my mind every time I see one of your acquisitions! I would love to own that book

:luhv:

A sweet book that I've pined after for the last year and finally pulled the trigger on:

JIM93.jpg

You blow my mind every time I see one of your acquisitions! I would love to own that book

:luhv:

Thanks Bill (thumbs u I know I'm on the right track if you're impressed!! :headbang:

JIM93.jpg

(worship) That is so sweet Rich.

JIM93.jpg

(worship) That is so sweet Rich.

You can always count on the Brits to maintain impeccable taste in the finer things in life (except food :baiting:). Thanks Garry + wish I had an undercopy to sell you!! :hi:

Trying to resist buying early hero JIM's in high grade! Wanted to buy r1970d's JIM 87 the other day but i kind of decided i was just going for upper mid grades to keep the price down. Lots of those great kirby covers in the early run make it tough!

one thing that makes it easier for me to resist is the stories. i got a copy of #88 which is my favorite early JIM cover but the story was so goofy i almost couldn't read it! Can anyone suggest an early JIM with a great story?

Lee and Kirby really hit their stride, I think, with JIM 97 - better Thor stories than before, plus the beginning of the great Tales of Asgard backups.

Lee and Kirby really hit their stride, I think, with JIM 97 - better Thor stories than before, plus the beginning of the great Tales of Asgard backups.

There was a great article in the OSPG a couple of year's ago about the creation of Thor...I forget now who was the main collaborator with Stan Lee...now that I can't think of it I'll have to go back and read it...A MUST-READ for Thor fans! :headbang:

(thumbs u just picked up a nice 105 the other day but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I'll have to make time soon!